Power Tools

kettlestack

Jan 18, 2002
Scotland UK
Visit site
Just a comment on Dremmel

For years I wanted a Dremmel and eventually forked out mucho $$ for one. It's good, and so are the attachments ... but......
I use it mainly for drilling holes and although it has multi speed, the slowest speed it runs at is way too fast... resulting in burned drill bits.

So I went and got myself a good quality 12 volt drill (with ball race bearings) slightly smaller than a Dremmel, and use a model throttle to control the speed. Drilling those fine holes now for grab irons is a breeze! It also runs fast enough on the full twelve volts to use dental burrs (effectively router bits). The Dremmel now collects dust!

Just my two pennies worth ... :) :)

Errol

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
Dremel Mini Mite

Anybody know if Dremel still makes this Whiz Bang?

I need a set of batteries for it??? Can't find nothing on it:(

Attachments

• mvc-015f.jpg
    mvc-015f.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 92

Mike R

Jan 18, 2002
Meaford Ontario Canada
Visit site
I agree on the Dremel type tool being next I would choose..I bought a used Dremel flex shaft from a gunsmith buddy about 30 odd years ago, and it's a great tool.
I also agree on the Sanding Center..it's a really versatile tool, and once you get used to it, you'll find it can be used on styrene as well.
This coming week Canadian Tire has their 8" disc, 4" belt unit on for C$120 ["reg $165"], but it goes on sale about 4 times a year at the $120.
Also, right in Edmonton, House of Tools has a Canwood sanding center that sells for $120 all the time...it's a 6" disc, 4" belt.
House of Tools seems to have fairly good pricing on Dremel tools too, it might be worth some comparison pricing.
regards / Mike