POTW, June 4th to 10th

a real surprise in the morning...........

Thank´s guys for the honor of that POTW...........I was very surprised this morning.

Thank`s !!

FLU

Amazyah

Great Pick, Rick!
(someone had to say it!):roll:

Congrats FLU, well deserved and overdue!8)

Russell

Ashrunner

Rick did POTW well in my absence 8v)

June 2, while out taking photos, a sudden and rare for this area, thunderstorm brewed up and before I could get back to the house, something happened to my "always on" computer.

Soon as I walked in the door, I smelled the unmistakable smell of burnt electronics. My landlord said there were several nearby strikes which caused the electricity to go off, then on again a few minutes later. Whether that or the nearby strikes, my computer was down for the count...along with a set of batteries for my camera which were on the charger, one of my alarm clocks, and as I found out a little while ago, my VCR. 8v)

As it turned out, it was only my power supply which took the hit on the computer. Replaced it and I was back in operation. I also took the time to replace my nVidia Ti4200 video card with an ATI 9500 card, which I have to say, soooo totally improves my well processed images and makes my badly processed images look like something the dog played with.

Anyway, it is good to be back online.

Thanks, Rick, for filling in for me during my absence.

Amazyah

Welcome back to the digital world Ash!
Glad to hear that's all it was. It could have been much worse!

There is a bright side to everything isn't there?!?:wink:

Russell

Ashrunner

Amazyah said:
Welcome back to the digital world Ash!
Glad to hear that's all it was. It could have been much worse!

There is a bright side to everything isn't there?!?:wink:

Russell

Thanks, and yes...it there always is a bright side. 8v)