POTA's "Icarus"??

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by dhanners, Jan 8, 2008.

1. dhanners

dhanners Member

I'm wanting to download a copy of the "Icarus" from "Planet of the Apes" (the full version of the craft, with engines, etc.) from the site of that guy who does the "Aliens" stuff, but whenever I try to open the file, my computer tells me I can't do it. Something to do with programs, or something. I dunno.

Anyone have a copy of the thing, or know where I could get one that's relatively easy to open?

2. ajmadison

ajmadison Member

I just downloaded icarus2 and decompressed it no-problem. My guess is you need the appropriate version of winrar. A link to which is conveniently placed on the same page as the links to the rar archives. Hope this helps...
  3. dhanners

dhanners Member

What the heck is "winrar"??

I guess that's my first problem....
  4. CardStalker

CardStalker Member

Win RaR is a compression program kinda like Win Zip. Just uses a different file format. There are some free copies out there or at least trial versions that you can download. If you still have problems let me know and PM me, I will give you my email to send me the file and I'll get them open and sent back to you. My best.
  5. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Just do a Google search for "Winrar" and go to their site and download a free version for private use.
    Just follow the on screen directions at each step and soon you will be building!
    I would say a good majority of the models available are in this format.

6. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

WinRAR archiver, a powerful tool to process RAR and ZIP files

You can install it ... it has 'nag-ware' which when you open up a compressed file or the program itself, it asks if you want to buy it.

You click close and it continues.

I find you can compress pdf's and bmp's smaller than .zip than if you compress with winzip. Also you can use winrar to compress to .zip if you like.
  7. halfchips

halfchips New Member

if you right click on the winrar file and select -extract to- it will extract the files without that annoying nagging message popping up
  8. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member