postman prat

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by NULLMOON, May 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

NULLMOON Member

is it just me or does evertone get the same piss poor service from royal mail:curse::curse::curse: i havent had time for any builds recently so ive been on a collecting spree and more times than not the kits end up damaged by the postman after travelling half way across europe/U.S they get busted at the front door several items come to mind of note
    walter class german submarine from hobby model pl wedged into the box that says letters only unbuildable i had to buy another and purchase some thick card with it to ensure unbreakability
    modeliks hertzer from ukpapermodels suffered the same fate FOLDED IN HALF had to buy another
    modeliks t-100 from uk papermodels also bent but still buildable with some buffing
    several orlik models from an ebay seller wedged into box which is obviosly to small despite the large "fragile" sticker which must have been difficult to see as it was in text 4inches high and in red

thats just cardmodels apart from other stuff busted ,jammed into small openings or for instance leaving stuff on top of the box..which i not the best idea considering my neigborhood the worst being a fairly rare expensive book of art prints £70 BENT IN HALF
    ive spoken (yelled)to him about it but its obviosly a waste of time as i dont speak lower primate hes always on his phone hes rude lazy and uterly useless at his job is this just an abberation of does royal mail hire piltdown man as a matter of course?

rant over:curse:
  2. logicman

logicman Greybeard

You've been very unlucky, mate.

On this side of the Medway I have had nothing but courtesy and kindness from my local posties.

I was waiting for some parcels when the Royal Mail Parcels postie came, and I had to sign for two items. So I expected two items.

OK, he said, this one's yours, and this, and this, and this, and this ... and this.
    Six all arrived at once, all fairly large. Must have been a very heavy bag, but not a word of complaint from him. All smiles.

Just as I should (and intend to) pass on my praises to the proper quarters, so you should complain, and perhaps sue.

Next time, take photos/video as proof of valid complaint.

3. Tim Crowe

Tim Crowe Member

Anything critical I get delivered to work - I know it's not an option for every body. But i'm never at home when the postie comes round

The local postmen round Bedford seem O.K. The ones at the main sorting office haven't really moved on from the 1970's - Strikes, bad hairdos and lots of attitude.

It might be worth trying an alternative courier service for anything special
  4. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

I can't complain about the German post, or the various courier services at all. If it is too big for the mail box they ring the bell, or deliver it to one of the other people who live in our building. Failing that, I get a note telling me to pick it up at the post office.
  5. col. kurtz

col. kurtz Member

nullmoon i sympathise my postie is brain dead too plus parcelforce i bought i ww2 samurai sword to add to my collection from blunderbuss antiques in london had it posted (cost:£1500.00)left it propped up at the front door in front view ) luckly my next dooor neighbour took it in as she got home b4 me (if my neighbour the other side had he"d sold it for drugs)complaned got no where wall1

NULLMOON Member

i think they just follow me around when i living in canterbury i got another useless sod who gave parcels to the next door neighbor who denied they existed(otherwords stole) the only good postie we had was last month when piltdown man was on holiday his repacement was great i thoght hed been sacked but..oh no next week he was back i notice my current neighbors get parcels taken to there BACK door ...might have something to do with the fact there swingers:eek: not something i want to think about, who knows the good thing has been the cardmodel retailers ukpapermodels put WOOD in the envelope with a replacement hertzer:thumb:so it COULDNT be bent

NULLMOON Member

add one more to the collection...two papershipwright kits the kits were fine but he had jammed the reinforced envelope in the box to tight it took me 20 minuites to get it out im glad i dont collect faberge eggs:p

NULLMOON Member

out on his ass

postie is no more :mrgreen:fired after what i was told were 45 seperate complaints his replacement is a nice indian guy who seems to like the job so last time ill have to re-order mangled kits or get up at the crack of dawn to intercept him before he gets to the letterbox
  9. Nemesis7485

Nemesis7485 Member

Have you made any moves to get some compensation from them? I would have thought with 45 complaints you would stand a good chance.
  10. Tim Crowe

Tim Crowe Member

I must admit I was worried with a recent e-Bay purchase, a 1:200 scale Titanic :cry:

But I asked the vendor to pack it carefully and mark it as fragile

After an anxious wait - it turned up fine :thumb:

NULLMOON Member

we had the RM gravesend branch supervisor going to all the houses on his route asking about damaged or missing parcels/mail thats from whom i know of the complaints he wrote down what had been damaged or gone missing and the delivery dates as i could remember dont think anything will come of it to benifit me(except having him gone!) its not just busted parcels,lousy service and an attitude thats got him sacked hes apparently been stealing mail too
  12. Nemesis7485

Nemesis7485 Member

I can't say stealing, too is any surprise.That's pretty rife. I've had loads of stuff vanish during delivery. Most of it computer software and peripherals. It was all traced back to a particular sorting office, which will remain nameless.... Bless 'em.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.