Posting question

Kevinkrey

Jul 27, 2006
Saint Paul MN.
I dont know where to post this. but here it is.
I am just wondering how to set up my posts so I can have text beween pics if there are multiple pics.

rogerw

Jun 16, 2006
manhattan ks
Hey kevin just post the link to picture and I hit return to go to next line and just add the text there. post another pic link hit return and type more text.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
If you upload directly to the Gauge, you cannot have text between your pictures, they will appear as a group. Do like Roger suggests and link (use the "insert image" icon) to pictures in between your text in your post.

Kevinkrey

Jul 27, 2006
Saint Paul MN.

WOW, thanks for the quick response, but i just wont worry about it, just thought Id ask, no need for extra hassle, call me lazy if you want, but its no big deal, thanks!:wave:

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Kevin,

In order to have text between pictures, you need to upload the pictures to some other location on the web. You can use The Gauge's gallery (button at the very top right of every page), or other sites like PhotoBucket or Flickr. The key to finding a good "outside" site is that they have to allow linking. If they don't you can create a link, ut all you will see is a red X or possibly a message saying external links not permitted.

Then you create your message, and use the html code to display the picture. It's usually something like [ img ]http://picturehostingsite.com/mypicture.jpg[ /img ]. (Note that there are no spaces in the tags, but I had to put them in so that it would show up for you to read.)

If you simply "attach" the pictures to your post via the "Manage attachment" button in the "advanced" composition window (i.e. not "quick reply"), you can add up to 5 pictures, but they will all be at the end of the post.

If you need more info, look for the "How to Post Pictures at The Gauge" thread in either GT or Photos forums.

Andrew