Posting Picture Help

David Rosser

Sep 15, 2003
Penna
Visit site
Need some help!!! Just finished a project and would like to share info and pictures. The pictures are on the desktop, JPG files ready to go, but they are 1.2 mg, I think that is too big. I have a scribbled note here that they need to be 640/480 with a 65 K limit. How to I get the pictures so that they will upload? I did it a few months ago, it worked, but no clue now as to how I did it. All help is appreciated! Thanks, Dave

Isambard

Aug 26, 2004
Canada
David Rosser said:
Need some help!!! Just finished a project and would like to share info and pictures. The pictures are on the desktop, JPG files ready to go, but they are 1.2 mg, I think that is too big. I have a scribbled note here that they need to be 640/480 with a 65 K limit. How to I get the pictures so that they will upload? I did it a few months ago, it worked, but no clue now as to how I did it. All help is appreciated! Thanks, Dave
Dave, you could try reducing the photo definition i.e. number of dpi's, crop the photo to eliminate unnecessary stuff and reduce the size of the output photo. If you have a look at the RailroadForum.Com site you'll find they have useful tips for handling photos for uploading on that site (their limit is 200k).
Good luck!
:)

David Rosser

Sep 15, 2003
Penna
Visit site
Still No Pictures

I have tried all the suggestions, and as near as I can tell I am doing exactly what I did when I posted the pictures of my last project, the tank car converted to a fire pump car, no problem. I have cropped the pictures, go through the steps to upload one, and after a minute or so when it indicates I should wait, I get the notice "Invalid Post", and that is all. The project went very well and I would like to share it; just can't seem to get it to go through. :confused:Dave

David Rosser

Sep 15, 2003
Penna
Visit site
Still no pictures

I have tried all the suggestions, and as near as I can tell I am doing exactly what I did when I posted the pictures of my last project, the tank car converted to a fire pump car, no problem. I have cropped the pictures, go through the steps to upload one, and after a minute or so when it indicates I should wait, I get the notice "Invalid Post", and that is all. The project went very well and I would like to share it; just can't seem to get it to go through. :confused:Dave