Posting photos

Hunkiedoo

Really stupid question, but if I don't ask now I'll just be stupid longer.

WHAT IS THE STEP-BY-STEP PROCEDURE FOR POSTING PHOTOS WITH MY MESSAGE? Is there some other website which explains this?

I presume that to post "real" photos, I need a scanner, (which I don't have). I presume the only other option is to get one of them new-fangled digital cameras, (which I don't have either). If I'm right so far what do you recommend?

Assuming I get one of the above, what then?

Tyson Rayles

You can take your pics to the local photo shop and have them put on a CD or floppy disk. Then you could download them to your puter and post them here. Tell the shop to make sure they are in a jpeg,gif, png or jpg format under 100,000 bytes and you should be all set.

shamus

Registered Member
Originally posted by Hunkiedoo
Really stupid question, but if I don't ask now I'll just be stupid longer.

WHAT IS THE STEP-BY-STEP PROCEDURE FOR POSTING PHOTOS WITH MY MESSAGE? Is there some other website which explains this?

I presume that to post "real" photos, I need a scanner, (which I don't have). I presume the only other option is to get one of them new-fangled digital cameras, (which I don't have either). If I'm right so far what do you recommend?

Assuming I get one of the above, what then?
Hi and welcome to the gauge.
Just a thought, but have you "ANY" photo's on your computer at the moment, if you have then it is possible to upload them here via the "Browser" option when posting. just make sure that the photo's are not any bigger than 100kb.

Shamus
wink.gif

Woodie

Hunkiedoo,
Firstly. To relate the process of getting a picture onto your computer, as being specific to this forum is a mis-nomer. This forum (or any other computer system) is irrelevant to the process of getting a picture onto your computer. Firstly, you must get someone to "scan" it. That involves a piece of equipment that takes a "computer type" copy of the photo. A scanner, as you refer to, will do this job. It is not important which scanner, or what system. Your local computer dealer will be able to advise you on this matter.

Next thing. Just like anything else on your computer, the photo will be held in a file. In a folder. You can recognise a photo file by it's "extension". An "extension" is part of the file name. eg. mykids.jpg or mumsbirthday.gif. You know that a word document has an "extension" of .doc? eg. Letter.doc?? (ie, a document).

When you have some photos on your computer, you click the "browse" button, beside the "Attach File" portion of the post reply screen. (where you type the text of your message).

Locate the file (with the photo type extension, .jpg, .gif etc) and click "open". The full file name will appear on the box next to the "browse" button. Then click "submit reply", and the photo will automatically be uploaded to The Gauge and appear in your post.

Hope this helps. :)

Hunkiedoo,

There is never no such thing as a stupid question, just questions that need to be answered.

To post a picture on here you will need to know the following.

1: Is your picture GIF, JPG, PNG or JPEG material? If not you can get a program to convert your picture from either a bmp file to the files listed above. It's called "IrfanView", download this program for free. You can get it any where if you look it up through Yahoo.

2: Now to post your picture on here you will have to go to the bottom of your reply message. Look for "Attach File", press the "Browse" button. Underneath it it says " Valid file extensions: gif jpg png jpeg" Now browse your computer where you might have your picture stored. Then when you have it just press "Submit Reply".

It's not really that hard if you know what you're doing.

For example take a gander at my Rivarossi Big Boy!

Attachments

• big boy.jpg
    big boy.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 71