Posting on other forums?

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Gregg Mahlkov, Jul 26, 2002.

1. I was not aware that Dave Hagan could control what is posted on forums other than "The Gauge". Henceforth, if I have something I want to ask, I will be sure I ask it elsewhere, since posting it on "The Gauge" would be duplicating it! :( :(
  2. billk

billk Active Member

Gregg - I think by "other forums" Dave meant the forums just with The Gauge - like this one is the "General Talk" forum. Unless there is a conspiracy amongst the webmasters.:)
  3. marty w.

marty w. Member

I think Dave means not to post the same question on different forums within "The Gauge".
  4. cidchase

cidchase Active Member

I'm sure these responses are correct, Greg. Actually, it's quite educational to post questions on other boards as well as here, to compare attitudes and preferences. I've found The Gauge to have many well-informed people willing to help you. I'm not disparaging other locations, but I depend on The Gauge!!
    :D :D :D
  5. Dave Hagan

Dave Hagan Member

Hi Gregg, the three previous posters have it correct, I am of course refering to forums here at The Gauge, sorry if there was any confusion about that.

Dave Hagan
  6. RI541

RI541 Member

This is the only forum I go to.

Whats the differance between an administrator and an moderator?
  7. Dave Hagan

Dave Hagan Member

Administrator Pay = $100,000 per year
    Moderator Pay = $80.000 per year.....huh...oh sorry... that was a dream I was having!

RI541, there's very little difference between an Admin & a Mod, its mainly to do with posting privileges, deleting and moving posts etc. I do get to speak to The Gauge Gods once in a while:D :D
  8. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

What happened to the skull and crossbones!!!! :eek: The Gauge trying to soften your image, give us the gentler, kinder Dave???:D :D :D
  9. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Dave, in that case you owe me -- WOW, lots:rolleyes:

10. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

I thought I traded my $80 Grand, for a sexytary - I never got neither... How 'bout you Shamus??? :D

~~ Mikey
  11. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Nah, never did get a sexytary Mikey, nor the cash:D:D

12. Dave Hagan

Dave Hagan Member

I didn't realise something as small as changing an avatar was going to be so controversial, maybe I should switch back? The problem is my skull & bones was much smaller than everyone else’s avatar and was denting my enormous ego:D :D :p :p

I regret to inform our moderators that we invested all their wages in 2 companies that we felt were winners, Enron and WorldCom. You have two choices’ now, exercise your share options or pick up a packet of bubblegum from The Gauge HQ:)
  13. N Gauger

Awwwww Wellllllll -- Sometimes it's better to want, than to have :) :D :)
  14. N Gauger

Dave -- should we start a contest to find you a better / bigger avatar?? (Size does matter) :D

And I think the Bubble gum might be worth the bet.. :D :D

~~ Mikey
  15. Dave Hagan

Dave Hagan Member

Very understanding of you Mikey
  16. Dave Hagan

Dave Hagan Member

Sounds good to me, I'm hopeless at graphic's
  17. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Dave my lad, here it is for you

Attached Files:

18. N Gauger

Dave / shamus -- I like it - looks good to me!! :) :)
  19. yellowlynn

yellowlynn Member

Shamus, I'm sure that Dave is an honest man, and will keep up with your ''salary''. He would rather owe it to you for the rest of his life as try to beat you out of it.