Poster board backdrops

Charles Mark

Dec 5, 2002
Washington State
Visit site
A friend and I installed two 24" x 12' Mt. scenes today I purchased at my LHS [were ordered from backdropwarehouse.com]. Cost me about $300 including tax for them but they are beautiful [at least to me]. I know they should be for that price but I am really glad I bought them now that they are up. We used wallpaper paste to secure them to the Masonite [sealed Masonite first]. I'd like to show them off but not sure how to attach pictures. Now that they are up we are using Woodland Scenics Foam inclines/risers. Using a Low Temp Glue Gun the first incline is down, secured almost immediately and doesn't move. Worked great. I've been downstairs several times just to admire the backdrop scenes tonight. Guess you can tell I am pleased with the outcome.

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Charles, to attach pictures to your post, first you have to click the "Go Advanced" button underneath the quick reply window.

Now, scroll down the page until you see "Additional Options" with the "Manage Attachments" button. Click it, and you can browse your hard drive to find the pictures you want to upload. Find the one you want, click upload, close that window then submit your post.

Val

jetrock

Dec 18, 2003
Visit site
$300 for backdrop mountains? Wow! I'm sure they look great, but it sure makes me glad I'm modeling the valley--plain blue skies are prototypically accurate! I'm adding lots of trees to the edge of the scene, plus a few scanned photographs of real scenes (lightly photoshopped to remove late 20th Century artifacts) at ground level.