Portugal!!!!

Xaniel

Jun 8, 2002
Lisbon, Portugal
modelismo.luislopes.net
hello. I'm glad to finally find one forum about my favorite hobby: model railroad.

I'm not new around here, bout the first i've registred at this forum I was a rookie. I still am one, but now I have in mind what i really want.

Anyway, I'm starting a new layout. The former layout was one european layout. Nowadays I want to model american ones. I really love locos like the USRA HEAVY MIKADO 2-8-2, SD40 snoot nose, GP9, SD60 M, and so on, and so on...

I have a really small layout: 2' by 4'.

But as I'm european, I really need your help to make a American landscape, and match many things. with your help this layout will stay as accurate as possible!

I'm glad to join this forum and I hope to make many e-friends around.

Please visit my site and http://luisville.home.sapo.pt

Thanks for your time.

Tyson Rayles

Sep 25, 2001
Poverty Acres, North Carolina
Visit site
Hi Luis, welcome to the gauge! I went to your web site but the links to your pages (track plan, etc.) weren't working, but I'll try back at a later date. If you need info on American railroads you will find a wealth of it here, from steam era to modern day. I would suggest spending some time browsing the photo forum as a start. If you have a question please ask and I'm sure you will get plenty of answers. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress. :)

C

Catt

Luis, welcome to the Gauge.Happy that you like our little spot on the web.Don't be shy about asking questions,or of offering up your ideas.

rich maiorano

Apr 27, 2002
levittown pa
hey luis welcome to the gauge you can get all the help you need here thats for sure and by the way are you going deaf with all that power in your car audio system rich

billk

Jun 12, 2001
Marion, IA, USA
Welcome the The Guage, Luis. What's the feeling in Portugal after their first World Cup game? (Sorry, couldn't help it.) You'll find a lot of very helpful, knowledgable and friendly fellows here. Don't forget to post some pictures of you layout as you progress on it.
BillK

Sir_Prize

Mar 4, 2001
Port Charlotte,Florida
Visit site
Welcome to you from Southwest Florida!
My father spent some time there abouts, said it was beautiful area. 'Course he was there back in 60's. :D
Like the others said plenty a' help here. Ya' just gotta show yer progress.
Not like me... No pics yet.:rolleyes:

Xaniel

Jun 8, 2002
Lisbon, Portugal
modelismo.luislopes.net
I don't know if some of you guys have already seen my layout plan in my site. I draw it myself but I'm not so happy... 2' by 4' is not an easy layout.
layout2d.jpg

So I have been reading many threads and I found one that has some cool layout plans.

attachment.php

What do you guys think?

I hope that you can see the pics.

Best reagrds,

kettlestack

Jan 18, 2002
Scotland UK
Visit site
Welcome Luis,

Mike is correct about having a run around loop. I would tend to have the turnout into the loop in the lower part exclusively for the loop with the sidings fed by their own turnout. This would give you longer sidings. Additional switching interest can be had by adding a switchback spur to the sidings leading to the left in the lower half of your drawing.

If you have access to both long edges of the layout I would suggest splitting the scenery with a backdrop from lower left to upper right. (Just for variety of scenery building). Buildings against this backdrop may be only 12.5 mm (0.5 inches) deep.

As it is at the moment it is workable and occupying a very small space. This in itself is commendable.

Have fun and show us how you get on with it please.

Errol

Xaniel

Jun 8, 2002
Lisbon, Portugal
modelismo.luislopes.net
Hello,

I can't have access all layout's edges so I have to mantain this. I'm thinking about one rural or industrial scene.

Any way thank you for your ideas. i'll have them in mind.

I hope you can this pic i have. it's plan I got from this forum!

Attachments

• newlayout.png
    newlayout.png
    38.5 KB · Views: 95

Xaniel

Jun 8, 2002
Lisbon, Portugal
modelismo.luislopes.net
Hi Errol,

That's a great idea, but as I said, I don't have acess to all edges of my layout. one part of it would be almost hidden.

that's why i have that plan forum this forum. It really caught my attention, so I'm planning to use it! :)

kettlestack

Jan 18, 2002
Scotland UK
Visit site
I think you found yourself a winner with that multilevel layout Luis.
It has better opportunities for scenery, and just think, you won't need 1,000 trees for it! just 100 :D :D .

Good choice friend.

Errol

roryglasgow

Jun 3, 2001
Huntsville, TX USA
web.wt.net