Porter 0-4-0 BETA

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by thewoodengraver, Mar 29, 2007.

1. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

This is my first real prototype. I have not tested the smokestack or 3 domes.
    In fact, I have tested little (heh heh):twisted: But I feel confident.
    I have not labeled or indexed. All the parts are mostly together. Use 11% of your brain and I'm sure you can figure it out. Use the pic on my website for reference.

I need a break. I will build this when I can and post the finished model, pics, and instructions. But this was created to honor YOU...so you can play with it.

Suggestions, comments, welcome. If you want to rework something PM me and we will type...

The scale is 1/32

Prototype removed...too many fixes...building the real thing now...download soon!!!
  2. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Thanks Phil! Taking a looksy now :)
  3. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Judging from the first peek, its gonna be a nice one. I was gonna make a train for my dad for christmas. I think I will change it to this one :)
  4. RichBohlman

RichBohlman Railroad Card Modaler

Looking Good! Really like the Engine color/shading of the model!
  5. Elliott

Elliott Senior Member

Looking very good, Phil!:grin:
    Who's going to be the first to go tiny?
    You've struggled with this one. It's said that the first one of anything is the hardest so the rest of the logging locomotives, structures, skeletons, bobber cabeese...should be easier, right?

Right, Phil?

6. papertrain

papertrain Member

You have done a great job on this one......i need to find a better program to color mine so that it is maybe close to yours:grin:
  7. Clashster

Clashster Member

Phil, the parts pages look amazing! I hope I can do it justice when I build it! Thanks for your generousity to our little group!

8. thewoodengraver

Thanx Gentlemen!

Yes, the next one will be much easier. But it is far, far off...
    I have two dozen toys I need to make, including my latest.
    Dr Toby the Spybot. I have the go-ahead from team Spybot.
    Also need to make all the other toys I told you about...

I promise I will build this and troubleshoot...just need a few days or so.
    Please do not ask how something goes together if you do try to build.
    I will adress this when I finalize...
    Also am going to beef up the paint job quite a bit afterwards.
  9. Elliott

Elliott Senior Member

Sounds good, sir. And :cool: congratulations on Dr Toby the Spybot:cool: I think that is really cool!! That is the proverbial thinking outside the box. Good for you!!

10. thewoodengraver

177 views, 86 downloads, 8 replies...and no calculator in view...

Let me guess, you guys are pissed off I didn't build it yet...
    OR, maybe you don't think I can even build it myself???

heh heh...willing to have a little faith in me....yet?
  11. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

TWE, I downloaded it last night, and got a unfinished file warning. I think the problem was on my end though. Going to download again.
  12. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

OK this time. Looks good. You guys are keeping me busy, I have only 16 days till I start back at work and I have about '50' days of modeling to do.
  13. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Phil is not called "the WOOD engraver" for nothing~~ I really like the textures of the wood!! :)
  14. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

50 DAYS???? Try 50 YEARS!!! At a minimum ;)
  15. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Philinski's Porter

Philinski's Porter [fil-IN-skeez pour-TARE] n

Sorry I didn't see this post and reply sooner Phil. I have been really busy the last few days and have missed over 300 posts so far!
    You have really outdone yourself this time, Phil!
    You are truly an artist at this, [​IMG] no denying that!

Beautiful job, Phil! Every page, a masterpiece!!

16. thewoodengraver

Shucks...'tweren't nothin'...

Well...spent most of today fiddlin with Dr Toby ( the Spybot), got his background and two sheilds done...OOPS! This is the PORTER thread!

Don't know yet if I am going to do a build thread, I will try, but I won't post anything until I finish building.

I will take pics along the way as though doing a build thread, so, either way, you will get good instructions...

Thank you all who downloaded my BETA model...you show GREAT FAITH in my abilities and I really do appreciate it.
  17. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Shucks...'tweren't nothin either'...

You soy-tenly dee-zoyv it![​IMG]

18. thewoodengraver

Ready to build...

I'm going to start building today! I'm going to take my sweet time about it also.
    This will be the most complex model I have built so far. I want to do it perfectly.

I'm kind of glad you got to see the parts first...I won't feel so alone when I build it, also commits me in a way...this might be good!

I will share with you as much as I can...be patient with me...

19. 46rob

46rob Member

This isa good lookng project---I mayhave missd it in yor ther thread--but what scale is it currently drawn in? One of my other vices is building brass locomotives--your Porter would be an excellent addition to the collection--most of my others are road engines--Hudsons, Pacifics, Consolidations, etc. Maybe I can coax a black and white from you once you've polished up the design.
  20. thewoodengraver

Thanx Rob,

I edited my first post to show that it is 1/32 scale.
    I am abandoning this thread to start a brand new build-type thread.