Port Teresa industrial area

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by Glen Haasdyk, Jan 23, 2006.

1. Glen Haasdyk

Glen Haasdyk Active Member

I just got some pictures of the area of my layout that I worked on during the Christmas holiday

This is Mitchell Metal fabricating and Welding. its a Walthers cornerstone kit with an add-on made from Design preservation modular parts. Beside it the costruction workers and making the parking lot bigger.

Harlee and Sons Cycle chop. A design preservation Gold edition kit.

Another view of Harlee and sons. I highly recommend these kits since all the details that you see in the yard (including the fence) and included in the kit.

2. doctorwayne

doctorwayne Active Member

Nice scenes, Glen. I'm also a big fan of DPM buildings, particularily their modular walls. I also like your SW1200RS: is it brass or a modified Athearn? I built four of them from Athearn switchers, but, since I'm freelancing, mine don't have either the built-in number boards or the extended range fuel tanks.

3. Glen Haasdyk

Glen Haasdyk Active Member

Thanks Wayne. I appriciate a compliment from a modeller of your caliber.

if you like the DPM modulars, the large building in the background was built out of the Fedups freight building. I just re-aranged to walls to create My Wagner and Sons Transfer and storage.

It is a modified Athearn that will probably be retired soon in exchange for a Proto 2000 unit that I'll be making the same mods to, with the exception of the fuel tanks and the winter hatch.
  4. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

Great Photo's Glen. Nicely Done.:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  5. TomPM

TomPM Another Fried Egg Fan

Great looking scene!
  6. Art67

Art67 Member

Hi Glen, I like how you have an abundance of vehicles on your layout, it really helps convey a sense of activity in your industrial scene. Great job. That reminds me...I need to get down to the LHS, the new HO vehicles that are coming out are amazing. Stuart.
  7. Ralph

Ralph Remember...it's for fun!

Nice loking structures Glen! I really like all of the details around the cycle shop.