• 20 to 40 years

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • over 40 years

• Since real logging began

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think if you had a "both" option, it would blow the others away.

I would say 75% of the guys I know run both in some way. The majority (and I think the posts here confirm this) tend to model the 30's-50's, often specifically so they have both options - that would be my tactic. Some model later periods, but 'just happen' to have a nostalgia-trip steam train that runs in their area or the 'last remaning' shay creaking along on their logging line. I even know a fellow who, with the judicious removal of a couple buildings, runs a dual-era pike that can shift from 80's to 50's in 10 minutes.

I'd actually like to see a poll asking for people who run ONLY steam or ONLY diesel versus both.

BrownMouse

I don't really run anything, but my two locomotives are both 1860-70 4-4-0s, and I'm planning on building a third. Current pipe-dream layout is a struggling Reconstruction-era road using a mix of older, pre-war equipment and a few "modern" pieces, loosely based on the Western North Carolina Railroad.

What is the fun in diesels anyhow? Just eighteen-wheelers on rails...;)

theBear

Hey, watch what you say, diesels have feelings.

Yes this poll should be redone. It is missing electric and the possible combinations.

I have a steamer, it just doesn't really care for the few 9.75 inch radius curves I have currently.

Tileguy

Wow Dave, being in Maine I would think you would just be dying to model those wonderful lil 2' gauge RR's you had up there :)
I voted steam by the way as my On30 will run 2-8-0 rod and a climax or shay and possibly a lil porter Tank at the docks.

Just so ya'll could call me a liar though, i ran an N scale Rs3 on my Mini this morning :)