Poll: How many missiles?

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by benhpark, Oct 20, 2007.

1. benhpark

benhpark Stealth Modeler

I am just happily wondering:rolleyes: how many missiles I should have in my F-22 Raptor.

Well, I decided that I'm gonna put 2 AIM-9I Sidewinder on the left and right side 1 each, and I just couldn't make up a decision about the number of missiles that's in the main missile bay in the bottom. You can help me with a little survey...:confused:

What kind of missiles should I put in the main missile bay on the bottom?

A. 4 missiles, 2 AIM-9I and 2 AIM-120 AMRAAM

B. 4 missiles, 4 AIM-120 AMRAAM I'm almost sure that I'm gonna go with this one!

C. 6 missiles, 4 AIM-9I and 2 AIM-120 AMRAAM

D. 6 missiles, 6 AIM-9I
    E. Put nothing!sign1

Ben P
  2. dansls1

dansls1 Member

3. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

Why bother with sidewinders, nothing is going to get that near to use them.

From what I have read, it can get close enough to use the gun before the other pilot knows the F22 is there. So AIM9's are a waste of space.

I would just load AMRAAM's.
  4. benhpark

benhpark Stealth Modeler

All right! according to my research, F-22 has 4 AIM 120's on the bottom.
    I guess I'll go with paulhbell's idea.

Well, I think 6 missiles are gonna take up to much space... so I'll go with B.

I'd like everyone to know that I am biased on "realistic-ness" and I really get annoyed when I see something wrong and not being factual.

Thanks, everyone for voting!

-Ben P:mrgreen:
  5. benhpark

benhpark Stealth Modeler

The choice "B" was attractive to me.
    I'm biased on "realistic-ness"

Thank you, everyone!
    -Ben P

P.S. I'm also thinking about putting a Zoids plastic figure in the pilot seat and making a movie about it...sign1
  6. shrike

shrike Guest

For complete realistic-ness no-one but the crew chief and the airplane itself would know because all of the bay doors would be closed.

E Why dirty up ssuch a clean bird.
  8. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

Instead of AMRAAM's, why not just put a couple of live B61's in the belly bay's and fly the F22 across from one side of the US to the other side and see if anyone just happens to notice they are missing. The B52 guys didn't get away with it the other day though.
  9. benhpark

benhpark Stealth Modeler

ok... I'm "late" here...

I'd like to answer to all replies here...

Dear shrike, that was not from my choices... and I'd like to leave all bays open with the landing gears to show maximum detail on my F-22.

Dear RINGMASTER, I know that I'm being too straightforward with the idea, but I was convinced with B and your reply is like putting "no errors" on a grammar test checking for errors in the sentences... I'm gonna go with B, I guess. sorry!

Dear paulhbell... is that a joke...? or are you serious...? I'm sorry but I don't get what you're saying...

That's all folks,
    -Ben P.
  10. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

Yes, it's a joke. The US air force flew live nukes across America last week in a B52. It's not allowed now and the guys in charge were given ''time off''. Saw it on sky news end of last week.