Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by yaniv, Mar 9, 2007.

1. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

hi to all

this is a privet poll about my message i post on this forum

so the big question is

HOW MACH MY MESSAGES ARE interesting
  2. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Your posts are very interesting Yaniv and yes we need more members like you!
    A community is the sum of its parts and every part is important!
    You are a very important part of this community Yaniv!
    We wouldn't be the same community without you, my friend!:grin:

3. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

russ u make me be excited like i never befor

thanks u my friend :)
  4. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

I'm happy too! Big smiles!:grin:
    Now get your butt back to work on the plane!:roll:
    People waiting on that new plane, you know!:twisted:

5. angevine

angevine Member

All users who post comments, threads are wanted and interesting (except Spammers!!). This forum would not exist if we did not have members like yourself.

And I agree with Amazyah.. . get your arse back to building that plane :grin:

I look forward to more of your posts.

6. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

I have no problem with your posts, why are you asking, has someone complained.
    I have my computer on nearly all day and I must read 95/100% of all the posts and as a group I think the posting is top notch.
  7. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Love the posts buddy, my only request is drop the net speak :D
  8. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

what u mean my friend about
    "net speak "

u talk about

gr8 = great
    u = you

and so?
  9. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

You are correct :) I think net speak (leet speak) is fine and dandy for instant messaging (though I dont like it personally there either) I do not like it for use on forums where there is plenty of time to type what you are trying to say befor clicking submit. I find it very distracting and at time difficult to read (maybe its my age) I tend to shy away from reading posts that are peppered with these abbreviations.
  10. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

Chris, do you mean mobile phone text talk.
  11. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

call it whatever you would like. On the forums I have frequented, it was called netspeak or leet speak. tomato tomaaato ;) its all the same thing.
  12. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

Hoping not to insult anyone, I agree with Chris. The net speak (which made it's way to mobile/cell phones) is usually unnecessary. The occasional "lol" and such is fine, but using it all the time can make posts in a forum hard to read. Minds like mine that were trained "even if you don't speak it well, you will write it properly" tend to have a hard time translating from net speak, leet speak, etc, back into real english.

Not so much that it's hard to read, more that it is hard to want to read (in my case and opinion). I would rather see an appropriate smiley/emoticon or image in a thread than a bunch of assumed intentionally misspelled words

NONE of this, though, applies to someone who doesn't speak english as a native language (this is my first highly international forum), or who honestly has a hard time spelling or typing. I would much rather someone try to get their message across, rather then not just because they think they are going to be graded on their communication skills.

But, to get to the real topic, Yaniv.... I have enjoyed reading all the posts here. And being new, and just learning my way around, yours is one of the few names I know, and names are always hard for me to learn. Which tells me something about your posts stood out to me.
  13. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

I agree with you Chris, for use on mobiles it's ok. Why use net speak/text when you have a full keyboard. If it were ment to be used on the internet computers would only the same number of keys as a mobile phone.
  14. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

Good thing I personally, am not allowed to edit grammar. Some of you would have very little text left on occasion.

Yaniv, I Love you Brother, You continue to communicate ANY WAY THAT PLEASES YOU. The rest of us can DEAL WITH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  15. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

I really like your posts yaniv. Though my personal idea is
    "if u talk like dis u vil be banned"
    But I don't mind others doing it :D
  16. Kaz

Kaz Member

Yaniv, I hope no one has complained, I love your posts and your command of this difficult language is to be applauded.
    By the Way in IL2 (I know you played it...) what was your pilots name? I used to play it for 6 years!
  17. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

wow kaz i realy not reamember lol

now i like back to fly with the 1946
  18. Zathros

Zathros Guest

I think your posts are very interesting . I am a little dumbfounded that some members have mistaken English as not being your primary language for netspeak:shock: . It seems you have grasped netspeak rather well though. It may be that netspeak becomes the next form of Interlingua in the world. I hope not.
    @Yaniv. If you make concentric cones diminishing in size you can connect the with a straight line "curve" and "run 2 rails", then "unroll developable surface" and make the nose cone for your aircraft. The degree of shaping is left up to you by the amount of cones you make.
  19. Fishcarver

Fishcarver Active Member

I enjoy and value your input to this Forum! Your C-47 is looking good!
    Keep working on it!
    Your Canadian friend
  20. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Yaniv, I can't say more than what has been said about your great posts and your contributions. Sometimes we don't always reply to anyones posts and the reasons could be many. Not bad reasons, but it does happen. Keep posting, don't worry about any language barriers, we have enough diversity here and will figure out what your saying, Chris can translate the annoying "netspeak" I just guess what you're saying and look at the PICTURES, worth 1000 words!