Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
absnut said:
While I enjoy building kits, I particularly like to kit-bash, and especially like scratch-building in N scale. My present life-style of full-time RV-ing around the country has slowed my building down quite a bit, but up to the recent past it seemed I always had something in the works, whether it was a freight car or building I had seen. I like working with card stock and wood but, have developed a strong liking for styrene. Here are a few of my projects:

http://www.railimages.com/albums/dickgorman/aac.jpg
http://www.railimages.com/albums/dickgorman/aad.jpg
http://www.railimages.com/albums/dickgorman/acq.jpg
http://www.railimages.com/albums/dickgorman/afj.jpg

Dick
Yeah.... and it's Really Difficult to drive with glue on your fingers!!! :wave: :rolleyes: :) :rolleyes: :wave:

MilesWestern

Sep 20, 2005
CA
protopaintwest.googlepages.com
Cannonball said:
A simple "no" would have sufficed.
And the "duh" was really unnecessary. :rolleyes:
I don't know about the rest of your post. I quit reading at that point.

Sorry, Cannonball. :( I didn't mean to be unpleasant or rude. I have no intention of offending anyone, including you, an it's been edited. :wave: (I removed the "duh" but it wasn't directed at you in particular.)

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
Dec 4, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
MilesWestern said:
Sorry, Cannonball. :( I didn't mean to be unpleasant or rude. I have no intention of offending anyone, including you, an it's been edited. :wave: (I removed the "duh" but it wasn't directed at you in particular.)
Fair enough. I won't get too uspet about it since there seems to be a fair rash of hard feelings over the last couple of days as it is. No reason to add fuel to the fire. :wave:

MilesWestern

Sep 20, 2005
CA
protopaintwest.googlepages.com
Thanks Cannonball! I have to agree about this explosion of harsh feelings, and it's not just here. On another forum I read about some guy who was ready to give up on his friend because he was not treating his own trains well! :rolleyes: SIGH! :)

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
Dec 4, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
MilesWestern said:
Thanks Cannonball! I have to agree about this explosion of harsh feelings, and it's not just here. On another forum I read about some guy who was ready to give up on his friend because he was not treating his own trains well! :rolleyes: SIGH! :)
People are crazy.
It's a sad thing when someone else's posessions become more important than their friendship.

MadHatter

Charging at full tilt.
Jan 27, 2007
Centurion, South Africa
Yes, yes, I know its got nothing to do with trains- unless you want to imagine its in S scale or something.

I've just finished building a castle for my friend whose birthday was on Valentines day- we are going to use it in our wargames- NOW TO DO SOMETHING FOR THE TRAINS!!!

I'm actually scared to do any finiky work, since my hand has the shakes.

ocalicreek

May 4, 2005
Puyallup, WA
groups.yahoo.com
Probably the most interesting thing I've scratchbuilt was a little miner's cabin based on one in a book on Appalachian coal mining, in a VGN company town. Dimensions were guestimated and the four walls cut from a single piece of cardstock. Board n batten siding look was created with strips of scale lumber. After I finished it I realized I had gotten the pitch of the roof wrong, but no worries, it still looks just fine IMO. I 'finished' it 7 or 8 years ago, I guess, and had it boxed away until recently. Now it's going to find a new home on my timesaver switching layout as a section house for the track gang. Needs a few legs to raise it off the ground and perhaps a few additional touches. It's too late now but I'll try to get a picture up this weekend.