Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MilesWestern

HERE IT IS! THIS IS WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE!
(oooooh...aaaaaah!):rolleyes:
706.gif

doctorwayne

In my opinion, this is one of model railroading's classics. I don't know when this little gem was first released, but it's well engineered and has decent die work. Its compact footprint is suitable for any small layout and it has a nice railroady feel to it: it reminds me of some small NYC stations, which was enough to persuade me to buy four of them. My layout is set in southern Ontario and after I repainted them in my corporate colours of double grey and green, they fit right in: not too big and the colours don't poke you in the eye like the unpainted kit does. I lengthened the stock platforms (you can buy additional Atlas ones too, complete with the roof), and a couple of them got additional platforms to serve double track. They're all installed in small towns with populations of under 5,000, so the small size is just right.
Wayne

zedob

I had to vote no because I've never owned one, but i have been eyeing it for my shelf layout as a stand-in until I build the one I really want. It does have pleasing lines.

brakie

No,never own one and don't have any desire to because I still prefer the old Revell station..I do think that the Atlas station is nice. :thumb:

Conrail

I have one...but now that I know it might be a common thing on most peoples layouts I may go for something else.....doubt it...but maybe. Here is a pic of my station... still havent finished it up though. The price is right for this item and it goes together easy. :thumb:

P9230077.jpg

MilesWestern

An interesting Subject to poll....

I unfortunately have never owned one, because It doesn't fit my californian theme. It looks too, well, other side of the rockies...at least to me.:p It looks like it would make a wonderful kitbash, as sumpter250 showed us in stunning detail.;):D I started this poll mainly because in just about every model railroad featured in Periodicals, Bam! There it is.:curse: Like there was a relitavely recent issue about a BN layout in which it wouldn't make any sense to have an operational depot in the mid-to-late 80's, you'kll probably think...AMTRAK!, but no, they said it was for steam excursions....sheesh!:rolleyes:

The many uses and places that style of depot has appeared in people's layouts is astonishing!:eek: I wonder if The Great Franklin& South manchester ever had (has) one? I found IT an interesting subject. It is so ubiquitous as far as a model railroad structure goes that's it's almost absurd!

well, that's enough soap box for tonight....:D

Papa Bear

I have one in N-Scale. It came with a box lot of stuff I bought several years ago. It has yet to make an appearance on one of my layouts.

Glen Haasdyk

I answered that I didn't have one but I did work on one for our club layout. It is a good little model with the details (benches, phone booth) that come with it that other manufacterers nowadays sell seprately. My only compaint is that it seem as though everyone has one and that contributes to a yawn factor on a layout, unless you kitbash like Sumper250 does (awesome job!)

Papa Bear

Well, on further examination, it turns out I have a Bachmann depot instead of an Atlas (same kit, different brand). When I bought it, it was assembled as shown here. Some parts on the back are broken out. I may fix it or kitbash it, or just plant a tall tree behind it if I decide to use it. :D

Attachments

• MVC-011S.JPG
    MVC-011S.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 22
  • MVC-012S.JPG
    MVC-012S.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 19