Polish Translator / Dictionary?

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by JRSeese, Apr 8, 2004.

1. JRSeese

JRSeese Member

Hello, bought a model that has Polish instructions, figuring the diagrams would suffice. NOT!

So I have been playing around on the POLTRAN site with limited success.

Here's what POLTRAN did with this paragraph:

Poszczególne części należy wycinać starannie po zewnętrznej stronie linii. Mniejsze, bardziej skomplikowane części najlepiej wycinać za nożyka do tapet. Na stronie nie zadrukowanej dobrze jest zaznaczyć kolejny numer wyciętego elementu. Najlepiej wycinać poszczególne części w miarę klejenia gdyż unika się wówczas pomyłek. Linie zagięcia należy lekko nagnieść końcem noża prowadzonym przy metalowej linijce.

Individual belongs to dispatch (to erase) after external part of line part < frequent > carefully. Small, dispatch (erase) complicated (elaborate) for wallpapers more part < frequent > best too nożyka. Next number of dispatched (erased) element is check off (note) on part not printed well < goods (right) >. Dispatch (erase) individual best part < frequent > in due measure klejenia because then it is escaped inaccuracy. It belongs at metal line lines of (ropes of) folding easily end knife led nagnieść.

Obviously, you can only get so much from automation. Nonetheless, I was wondering if there are any other free translators or dictionaries on the web. Or, if anyone has a purchased piece of software that works well, can you make a recommendation.

Regards to all,

2. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

I have used IM Translator and http://www.online-translator.com for Russian-English translations, and they do several other languages too, but not Polish; sorry! None of them produce anything like real English, and no doubt produce similarly mangled texts going the other way, but you can usually get the sense of what is meant. Sometimes.... It helps greatly if you know something about the subject already!

3. pszyman

pszyman New Member

Let me try. This, what you've got out of this translator doesn't make sense at all. Hope my translation works better.

4. JRSeese

JRSeese Member

Wow! What a difference a human being makes. I may have to fly you to Cleveland for a week to work on the rest of the text :p

5. barry

barry Active Member

Saul's site has a polish card modelling dictionary on it