Polish translations

Discussion in 'Tips, Tutorials & Tools' started by alfadoc, Jan 22, 2006.

1. alfadoc

alfadoc Member

Can anyone tell me what "ODCIAC PO SKLEJENIU" means? I've tried some translation sites, but can't figure out how to input special characters (In ODCIAC, the A has curving mark under the right foot, and the last C has a ' above it.) Thanks in advance for any help you can give.
  2. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

Cut off after assembly
  3. alfadoc

alfadoc Member

Thanks. Makes sense now. BTW, how did you manage that speedy translation? Speak the language, or some program?
  4. Gil

Gil Active Member

5. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

I was born and raised in Poland :grin:

The list of terms Gil is reffering to should cover all terms used in cardmodels published in Poland.
  6. Willja67

Willja67 Member

I have the GPM Corsair kit and was wondering if someone has published a translation of the instructions? For those of you who don't know the kit I speak of is a preprinted kit and therefore I can't really stick it in the computer and have a program translate it.
  7. hpept

hpept Member

have you tried with an OCR software? Sometimes scanner come with OCR software, or you can try to find a freeware. Once the page is in digital format you can give it to translation software. However i don't know how the OCR could interpretate those strange characters of the polish language, unless the software is expressely made to recognise this language.