Polarity of Atlas Switch Machines

prodigy2k7

Dec 17, 2006
I have a bunch of atlas under table switch machines and I want to wire up two switches to one control box, so they both switch at the same time.

If both the switch machines are facing the same way, and the wires are color coded to same way (green on left, yellow in middle, blue on right...you know for each terminal), do they both switch the same way?

As you can see on the far left of the picture, two switches to go from 1 mainline to another.

How do I know which wires to hookup to which terminal... Obviously it doesnt matter for just one, but it does for two...

Gosh I dont know how more to explain it well..I hope you guys know what im talking about... lol

yellowlynn

Jul 7, 2001
Whitehouse, Tx USA
Visit site
wiring

I imagine under the table machines wire up the same as above table. If yellow is middle, that is probably ground (common). So both commons hook together in the center. Then hook up one switch. Color shouldn't matter as long as it works. Then touch the other 2 wires to the switch posts and hit the switch. If they both work the way you want them, that's it. If not, reverse the 2 from the second switch and that should have it.

Hope that is clearer than mud.

Lynn

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
I think they will consistently switch the same way with the same polarity on a switch. However, it is easy to check them. I don't use Atlas machines, so I can't tell you which wire is which, but one wire will be common, one will be for one coil and the other will be for the other coil. Get some cheap jumper wires from Radio Shack or whereever. Hook one jumper to the common wire, the other end to you power pack 14 volts dc terminal. Then hook another jumper to on eof the other wires, and touch it momentarily to the 14 v dc terminal with the pack plugged in. The switch should go to the straight track or the diverging track. Make a note as to which is which. Do the same for the other switch. You want to wire it up so that when you hit the botton, both switches either go to the diverging track or if you do it the other way both go to the straight track.

prodigy2k7

Dec 17, 2006
Yes thanks everyone I got it fiured out. For some reason I was confused, I guess its just easier to try it out hands on to solve ur problem lol...