Polar Lights TOS Klingon D7 1:1000

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
I went more for my interpretation of what it looked like on screen. The "Real" colors were an light grey-green, an even lighter grey-green and then the horrid light grey-violet color... based on color corrected pictures of the shooting miniature.

I never really liked the school of thought that said "make it look like the 'real' model, I still like to try and duplicate how they looked on screen. or even my own what if color scheme.

Your colors are just as valid as mine, in your universe.

Your mileage may vary.

spaceagent-9

Right Hand Man and Confidant
a really wanted to make one that was bright blue and aqua, like in the enterprise incident, where they were used by the romulans. like you said, make it look like what you see on the screen. and then of course use green leds for the nacelles, the top engine grill and rear exhaust. and the sensors or shields on the sides of the under-bridge. red cannon and green domes on the oval bridge top. I don't know why I like that so much. I would post a pic of a build of a d-7 that was dark silver and duck blue and sea grey but posting is still now working well. and I like your answer. I wonder what a mirror mirror d-7 would look like? black with red plasmas?

micahrogers

Staff member
If you are familiar with Soviet Mig 29 Fulcrum color schemes, the classic Blue-grey fulcrum scheme is pretty close for the Romulan D7...

micahrogers

Staff member
My last attempt at lighting a Star Trek kit.
https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/s296x100/13008_621103941283247_942880158_n.jpg

Cardassian Galor class cruiser.

13008_621103941283247_942880158_n.jpg

micahrogers

Staff member
from back when I was single, and had all the time in the world.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Guys, if you have a link to a .jpg image (works with other formats too) , you can insert it by visiting the page, "Right Click" and select "View Image', Copy the URL in the address bar. Go back to your post, press the little yellow box with the grey mountain and dot for a sun (I guess) and that will com up with a dialogue box, just paste into there the url you copied, and the picture will be imported. That is how I inserted the pics for you. If you need clarification, send me a P.M. (that way you will know I read it) and I will explain it further. :)

Remember 7 of 9. She was a 10 of 10 to me. :)

Jeri-Ryan-seven-of-nine-7-of-9-star-trek-Voyager-borg-demotivational.jpeg

micahrogers

Staff member
Okay an update to finish off this build, Pictures taken in good light of the final look for my IKS Boch'Ra
IKS Boch'Ra Bottom.jpg IKS Boch'Ra Head on high.jpg IKS Boch'Ra Head on low.jpg IKS Boch'Ra Portside 3 quarter.jpg IKS Boch'Ra Starboard 3 quarter.jpg IKS Bpch'Ra Aft high.jpg