Pmodel JDF 747-400 (JAPAN 1)

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by patriot missile, Feb 17, 2006.

1. hey guys,
    has anyone seen or built the new model of a JDF 747-400??
    i just got my hands on it 2 days ago and it looks like a sweet build :)
    these are pics of the finished model

Attached Files:

2. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

Great build!

How did you find their kit?
    I have the Su-27, which I printed out and am about to start sometime soon. I love their graphics, but was wondering how you found the fit of parts and the illustrations...I'm sure I'll be able to figure it out, but it seems the diagram has an awful lot of little red arrows all over the place showing where the various parts go.:grin:

3. Gil

Gil Active Member

Joseph at SPI Shop has it as an email model. I haven't built anything yet but it appears that the fit should be good if the attention to detail of the rest of the model is any indication. The PDF file is locked which is a slight problem for modelers who desire to color the model to suit their own tastes. I think it's a bargain at the price.

Best regards, -Gil
  4. Darwin

Darwin Member

I've built the F-104 after enlarging it to 1:24 scale....the construction diagrams were easy to follow, and even after X2 enlargement the parts fit was excellent.
  5. the 747 looks like it wont be that hard to build. i didnt try it yet but it has connection tabs go on the backside of the fuselage. the tricky part looks like building the wings, tail plane, and the langing gear wells. i'm gonna try a resize and see about doing a redraw with fine onion paper and a micron .005 drafting pen , maybe add some windows foward of the upper deck door . it should look totally awsum printed on a metalic type of paper :) if i ever get the time to do it
    maybe they might release a few military airlift aircraft ;)
  6. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

Thanks, Gil:)

Yeah, that's were I got the Su-27 I just printed out...and I love the graphics. It was real easy to purchase from Spishop, a lot easier than the first time I bought one direct. I purchased a few of their other offerings, and felt each one was just as impressive, a nice variety of I just have to build one...or two...or three...or more.:grin:

I think they're pretty nice models at a good price, considering the quality of the graphics and amount of details. I'm glad Spishop makes them available, as well as others you can purchase as a download. The Su-27 has a full load or ordinance, which sometimes aren't included in some models. I believe the design most if not all of them all in 1/50 scale, maybe the larger ones are smaller scale, not sure, and it's not a Halinski design, but it's pretty darn good, in my humble and uneducated opinion.:)