pmodel f16

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by Tirta, Apr 23, 2005.

1. Tirta

Tirta Member

Hello All,

I am thinking about building pmodel f16, but looking at the instruction diagram, I am rather puzzled about last parts page (page 12), what do you call those strips? is it connecting strips?
    Do I really need it, or it is optional?
    It use the same number as main parts, but I do not know how to use it, I do not find it in the instruction diagram.
    Do you think I should use it or not ?

And if there a way to translate those japanese language in the instruction manual?

Best regards,

2. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Tirta, These are optional connecting strips. The model parts have the tabs printed with them on. If you want to build a more accurate model with less visible seams you need to cut off the printed tabs and then attach these optional tabs so that the next part will actually be level with the part with the connecting strip. It does make a nicer seam but does take extra time.
  3. Tirta

Tirta Member

Thank you for your explanation, cmdrted.
    It really helps.
    I think I am going to skip those strips.

How about translating japanese within the pdf?
    Is there a way?

4. Gil

Gil Active Member

Tirta, go to On the right side of the box is "language tools", select that. The new page has selections for translating most languages and includes a Japanese beta version still under development. It works well enough to make sense of most web pages....,

Best regards, Gil
  5. Tirta

Tirta Member

Dear Gil,

I try to translate japanese text inside a password protected pdf not web pages, but your reply is exactly what I think I should do.

However for some unknown reason, after I select the japanese text within the pdf file and then 'copy', then I try to 'paste' into google language tools, but I can not paste it. It seems I can not 'copy' that japanese alphabet

Do you know why?

6. Gil

Gil Active Member

No, I have no idea why you can't paste into the translation boxes. Can you copy from the .pdf to some other file?

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy Tirta,

I know we discussed this in our email together, but I thought I would make mention of it here also to get some feed back from the others.
    I told Tirta that he probably needs to load and install the japanese font file, like you recieve in the "install on demand" boxes that pop up when you go to a foreign page like . I think once his computer is able to recognize the fonts, he will be able to copy and paste, unless it is a protected .pdf, but in that case he will have the fonts and can manually type them in the translation box
    Any thoughts on this? Anyone?

Greg aka GEEDUBBYA
  8. rickstef

rickstef Guest

if the file is locked he will not be able copy and paste.

GW you are right with the language pack, need to make sure that all of the right add ons are loaded right

9. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

The other possibility for a locked pdf is to do a screen capture of the opened file, then cut and paste the capture file into your translator thing.
  10. Tirta

Tirta Member

Thanks to Cmdrted, Rick, Greg and Gil for the replies.

I have installed japanese language support for acrobat, but I still can not copy japanese text.
    I think the problem is not because it is password protected, I have tried non password protected japanese pdf, but the result is the same, I can not copy and paste japanese text.
    When I select the japanese text, the text is highlighted and then I copy it, but when I paste it in notepad, nothing happens.

Do I have to install another japanese support for my windows?
    But when surfing the net, I can open japanese site, and I can translate them with google with no problem at all.

Please let me know what is wrong.

BTW the pdf that I am trying to translate is pmodel f16 instructions,
    has somebody translate the instructions?

best regards,