PModel Boeing 747-400

Huey

Apr 9, 2004
Afghanistan
Gil,

Sorry for giving the wrong impression. PModel planes are for sale, not freebies. i just wanted to pass the word that there's a B747-400 in the market. my apologies

Bowdenja

Sep 26, 2005
Madison, MS
Hey Huey! How's it going?

I think Gil was just yanking your chain!:twisted:

That 747 looks great, I just might have to buy me a password.8) Have you guys noticed that since Lizzie asked the question why Military, we seem to have started spreading into civilian stuff. Just an observation.

The problem with these BIG planes is I don't think 46Rob will have any place left on his ceiling to put them!:grin:

john

hpept

Oct 29, 2005
São José dos Campos - Brasil
Aaaaarrrggghhhhhhh!!!!!!!! All my time spent converting the JAL 747 model for the SCA.... now i'll have to rescale the space shuttle to 1:144 and build a third one:twisted:
Anyone knows if these PM models come in pdf protected files? i shall need to repaint the model to converto to SCA.

Bowdenja

Sep 26, 2005
Madison, MS
Just ordered mine! Big planes...........I love big planes!

Speaking of that............I wonder when will someone put out the A380?

john

R

RyanShort1

How easy is it to order from PModel and how much did the 747 cost?

Ryan

Gil

Jan 25, 2004
Northern Bear Flag Republic
Very Nice Model

Hello All,

Had a look at the 747-400j..., for the price this has got to be one of the best models I've seen. The designer has even provided colored join strips for those who desire to build with them which would be a shame not to on this model. From what I've seen so far the model is very well designed and assembly illustrations are good enough for the average modeler who is not fluent in Japanese. The detail is quite good overall and is good enough to print at 300-360 dpi for fine detail. The designer (K. Kiyonaga) has paid careful attention to the subject aircraft and has shown great craft in the way the paper is formed to adhere to the original structure. I believe this is going to be one beautiful model to build.

The model comes password protected and is locked against modification but looks good as is. Modifying it might be a latter option for some but I think that keeping it just the way it is will be just fine.

-Gil

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
Copiague, Long Island, New York
Thanks for the review, Gil!

I have a few Pmodels in the hopper, just haven't gotten around to building one of them yet, but I was impressed by the design as well. Very nice models, and particularly so for the price.

I have the A-10 Warthog printed out, but just can't seem to get around toward cutting paper on her so far...so many models, so little time.:)

Cheers!

Jim