Plz Help: Electricity problems with Minitrix system

Discussion in 'N / Z Scale Model Trains' started by galahad, May 6, 2006.

1. galahad

galahad New Member

I have an N scale train-board. The tracks are Fleishman and the digital system is Minitrix. When we bought this digital system, about a year ago, we where told that Minitrix locos run on Fleishman tracks. At the beginning everything was OK and the locos pulled 5-7 cars with no problem at all speeds and on all over the tracks. About 10 months ago I replaced the regular thin wires with 2 mm wires in order to upgrade the electricity wiring. However, since then my locos simply don’t run, they barely move and it’s really frustrating.

First I’ve properly cleaned all the tracks and the locos wheels as I do occasionally but nothing has change (since then I’ve cleaned them thoroughly many times and still nothing have changed). I’ve checked all the wires to make sure there are no shortcuts and everything was OK. I even brought a friend who is an electronic engineer and he didn’t find any problem with the wiring. The voltage of all the three circles is 17 volts.

I would highly appreciate an advice from anyone who experienced this problem and found a solution.
  2. cidchase

cidchase Active Member

3. Harold Cole

Harold Cole Member

Reset the decoders to default and see if they run normal again.
  4. galahad

galahad New Member

its probably not the decoders, plz read my response

i appreciate your answers.

i don't think that there is a problem with the decoderes because of the following reasons:

1. the control panell control all other aspects of the locos. e.g. lights and direction.
    2. when i press the top of the loco with my finger to the tracks its moving.
    3. when i lift the tanker of the steam loco (the engine is in the tanker) and leav only the loco weals on track the engine respons excelentelly.
    the only problem is when i try to operate them on the tracks.

thanks again.