Please vote

shamus

Registered Member
If you haven't voted in the Photo Contest, there is not much time left , If you haven't voted, please do so.

Any member can vote Irrespective if you posted a photo in the contest or not. If you are a member, YOU CAN VOTE.

Shamus

Just what I said.

Put small images beside each name on the vote page with a link to the larger photo. That way, when someone sees a photo that they want to see more of they can without wading through all of them and waiting for them to load.

Perhaps most of you have a high speed connection, but not everyone does.

Gary Pfeil

Roger, Didn't mean to sound sarcastic, but guess I did, sorry. I have dial up service and the vote page loads in about 30 seconds. Or less. I know a lot of people think that a long time but I don't know any better, never having used other options. But I thought the pictures were worth the wait, I guess that was my point.

Gary

To vote, you must first view the photos. I don't normally look at the photos because they can take forever to load. Now, there is a vote. To vote you must first view the photos. Now, I don't normally look at the...

:)

cidchase

Hi folks,
Just FWIW, it took about 90 sec. to load the photos on my dial-up.
I didn't perceive this as a problem, like you said, Gary, the contest was worth the wait. I think I had already decided from the individual postings anyway. Maybe there is another way to organize the photos with thumbnails which would help. It's all fine with me, but apparently there's a different opinion.
Anyway, the whole point of this contest is Inspiration and Appreciation!!!
Thanks to all contestants for a great show!!
:D :D

Gary Pfeil

Roger, perhaps I'm beating a dead horse, you seem determined not to attempt to look at the photos, but if you were to click on the vote thread, all the photos come up, and you are in the thread to vote. Seriously, it will load in less than 20-30 seconds, you will spend more time looking over the shots. There are some really nice shots. I've seen your web page, being a NYC fan, your page takes longer to load than this thread. If you don't want to look and vote, that's ok, but you don't have to make it sound like it's because of loading time.

Gary

Woodie

Roger,
If you have concerns about the download time for the photo's, then perhaps I can help with that.

What sort of access to the net do you have? Is it dialup? Are you charged also by the "download amount"? Is you ISP account "unlimited download"?

If you have your browser settings setup correctly, you only need to look at the photos once. Your browser will NOT download them again, should you wish to take another look, unless the date/timestamp of the pics change. (i.e. they are "updated"), or you have looked at so much stuff on the net, since first viewing the pics, that they have "replaced" in your browser cache (memory area), because you have not allocated enough in your browser settings.

If you can check this browser setting:

Select "tools" "internet options" from the top menu.
Click on the "general" tab, then click on Temporary Internet Files "settings". Make sure the "every visit to the page" is selected. Also move the slide up to a reasonable value. Say 50 - 75 MEG.

If you have "never" selected, the system will always download EVERYTHING each and every time you look at a webpage, regardless of whether it has changed or not.

You will find this option dramatically improves your browser performance.

I am on a 56K dialup link in a far flung outpost of the British Empire, and to load the pics, is about 30 - 45 secs. Once viewed, then they will appear instantly, should I have a second look.

Hope this help a bit, and let me know how it goes?? :cool:

IMRL393

I want to echo the thanks for the thumbnail photos, Dave.

In my case, it's not the download time, but the abilitiy to look over many of the photos at the same time to help decide.

Shamus - I think you should give a definate poll close date with these contests - those who want to vote, will before the cutoff - the others won't despite all your pleas.

Plus, we will then know when the winner will be decided!

This was a great contest, and I look forward to VOTING again in the next contest!

- George

Those who don't vote are forever doomed to the wishes and choices of others. And deserve what they get (or don't get)!