Please tell me what I need to buy to do this.

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by bigpiper1, Mar 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigpiper1

bigpiper1 Member

I just bought a .15 t-maxx from a guy and want to turn it into a 2.5, what all do I need to buy to do this. Please help me. Thanks Josh
  2. Nitram68

Nitram68 Member

Brand new: mediaeval trebuchet

-bigpiper1-Does the block of the engine have the letters"TRX" on it? I don't know if you know this but your engine that you call .15 is .15 Cubic Inch displacement,if you go and use the metric system to measure displacement the engine comes out to be 2.5 Cubic Centimeters(C.I./C.C.). If what you want is more horsepower you could look into getting a .18/3.0,the Orion Wasp and Trinity Sirio have direct bolt ins-that is if my memory is working today.:)Good luck!
  3. bigpiper1

bigpiper1 Member

thanks for the info but I bought it and it already had an asscioated .15 but the guy I bought it from said it was a .15 chassis. Does the .18 orion have more h.p. than the 2.5? I have heard about alot of problems with the 2.5 but dont know what to do. By the way it does already have the wide maxx suspension on it so I dont have to up grade that any way. Please let me know about the engines. Josh
  4. mastmec

mastmec Member

The .18 engines usually have more torque but less rpm. If you want your truck as a climbing monster truck then go with a engine with more torque, if you want a racer then you will need the rpm, go with somthing like an OS CVRX 15.....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.