please help

Discussion in 'N / Z Scale Model Trains' started by bryanj, May 8, 2005.

1. bryanj

bryanj New Member

I Came Across A N-scale Atlas 0-8-0 Steam Loco A.t. And S.f. Atlas Number 2111. Its Brand New In Box And On The Back Its Stamped Made In Italy 7/68. Probably From That Year Because It Was In My Grandfathers Atic. Very Old. I Also Found Lifelike Train Cars From The Same Era Also Brand New. I Am New To This Hobby And Would Like To Know If These Are Worth Anything. Thanks For Any Help.
  2. Will_annand

Will_annand Active Member

bryan, if the locomotive works, you have a good start to a new layout.

If you are asking becuase you wish to sell them, I would suggest having a look at Ebay and searching to see if anything similar is there and how much they are going for.

For point of reference, new Life-Like rolling stock goes for $6.00US and
  3. Will_annand

Will_annand Active Member

I just checked Ebay, there are three or four Atlas 0-8-0 Locomotives up there, ranging from $40-60US.
  4. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

First of all, welcome to the Gauge.

To answer your question, yes,it is worth something. Just how much depends on condition. Even "brand new in box" doesn't mean that it runs, and it probably doesn't after sitting there that long. Proper cleaning and lubrication should take care of that. Another thing is age. Something that old could be a rare commoditiy and worth big bucks to a collector, but then again, N scale locos manufactured that long ago weren't the best made, have little power and are noisy, and maybe worth very little to someone that wants to run it on their layout.