Please help rod screw needed?

Discussion in 'G / O / S Scale Model Trains' started by Arranger, Dec 26, 2005.

1. Arranger

Arranger New Member

Hello, this is my first post on the forum. I'm pleased with the wealth of info I'm seeing.

We have a Lionel 2-8-4 Berkshire (Polar Express) and have lost one of the machine screws that attaches the connecting wheel rod to the drive wheel on one side of the locomotive. Is there a convenient source for factory replacement parts of this type?

On a sillier note, our dog ate all the people that came with the set last Christmas, the day it was opened and set up beneath the tree! It's always a battle around here keeping the lad's layouts up and running.

We got our son the Hudson 4-6-4 this year with real-life sounds and it is wonderful. I think the Berkshire has more interesting connecting rod details, but the Huddie is an impressive locomotive. Out of the box, it would not perform a slow reverse without locking up, so we dismantled the rods, realigned and lubed with sparing drops of teflon gear oil and it is running great.

Hope all are enjoying their Christmas as much as we are! Thanks for your advice.
  2. spankybird

spankybird OTTS Founder

This is still a new set, just released in the past year. I would try Lionel for it.

You can try this place, but it may be too new of a set

:cool: :wave: