please help my engine wont start

Discussion in 'RC General & Getting Started' started by Monkey, Sep 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Monkey

Monkey New Member

hi im new to this so feel free to correct me and sling abuse if i ask stupid questions. Ok here is my problem the engine wont start at all i have put fuel in it some oil on the filter and pressed the plunger as the instructions said and it does nothing. It is a smartech car (i have done some research and now this was a big mistake) a winner sport model (although all the eletrics apear to work fine) and it has a .15 Leo engine. The car came ready assembled so im assuming it is set up right and i have done nothing to it other than said above.

any help would be greatly apresheated thankyou
  2. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

is this brand new or used or what? What are the needle setting at tif it is not new. Go to there site for the correct setting.

www.cenracing.com
  3. Monkey

Monkey New Member

its new and i dont now the settings they aint in the instructions and they dont have a site. i dont think that the glow plug is getting hot at all though would the engine do nothing at all it the glow plug wasnt getting hot
  4. redheat

redheat Member

Charge the plug heater, RED
  5. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

the engine wouldn't fire at all, so just like red said charge the heater. As for it being new don't mess with the needle setting tell about 2 tanks into breakin. Dont go WPT (wide open throttle) for more then 3 seconds at a time that is not good for break in. They do have a site it is:

www.cenracing.com
  6. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

Hey Monkey did you get it running good yet, tell us how its going.
  7. redheat

redheat Member

Well dj what do you think the odds are that he got it running? any takers? RED
  8. mpracing

mpracing Member

try to take a hair dryer, and hold it on the hotest highest setting on the engine for 2 minutes, then take it off and try to start it, it should start up like a charm, some cars can be retarded, its the most reliable quickest way that i have found that works, and it doesnt harm your car, if not help it.

-mpracing
  9. rockn82

rockn82 Marx Brother

Another way for faster warms ups, is to take a soda can cut the top off and put a hole in the bottom. The hole is for the GPI and the can will keep cool air off the head. In the winter you can leave it on as long as the temps are ok. Popping some holes in the can will bring the temp down if it gets too hot. makes for a dependable temp in the winter without leaning the heck out of an engine.
  10. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

I think he probly got it running and then had no reason to come post back on the board so thats that. I thin he might hve ot help from a LHS, don't know tho for sure.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.