Please help idling high

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by Bloobert28, Jan 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bloobert28

Bloobert28 Member

my engine idles really high with the controller throttle adjuster all the way down. should i tune it or is there a way to lower the idle on the engine. Please help
  2. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

underneath the card there is a small screw that should have a spring on it for tension, not on the side where the throttle is up right underneath where you put the air filter on, this is the idle air control screw. By turning this the idle will go up or down, u want it to go down so I belive you screw it in to do that, or possible the other way just try it once and see, youll be able to tell if the opening in the carb gets alittle bigger or smaller, if it goes smaller the idle will be less and vise versa
  3. Bloobert28

Bloobert28 Member

thanks i'll try that
  4. Bloobert28

Bloobert28 Member

i just tried to adjust the needles what should the low end be set at for the winter. when ever i try to make it idle and sit there it died. when i run there is a good amount of smoke comming out.
  5. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

it sounds as if it is rich
  6. badone

badone Member

yep sounmds rich which truck/car is it? and what engine??
  7. Bloobert28

Bloobert28 Member

the nitro envader st os .18
  8. Bloobert28

Bloobert28 Member

my low end screw is pretty far in. i think it might be too lean
  9. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

if it is lean then there won't be to much smoke because the engins is burning less fuel so I think it might be rich
  10. Bloobert28

Bloobert28 Member

for low end tuning how long should the engine run if you squeeze the fuel line? thanks
  11. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

the squeeze testI belive is for the high speed needle
  12. xerox

xerox Member

if you want to just bash your truck and have fun do what i did to my mt2
    first put then low end flush with the carb then when you have it set let it idel if it dies right away that means that you srewed in your idel control srew to much and you should lousen it but rember make the low end flush with the carb then when you get use to it and want to get more low end then screw it in a bit and you should see a difference
  13. Bloobert28

Bloobert28 Member

14. Bloobert28

Bloobert28 Member

thanks guys i just tried it and it works great
  15. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

Your Welcome!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.