Please give me tips for lighting my HO railroad

I have a lighting problem on my HO layout. My main lighting is a circular lamp at the center of my ceiling. It is lighting only one side of my 4'x8' layout. The other not well lighted side is near a wall and window, but I gave it some space so people can view that side. Are there simple and inexpensive solutions you have in mind for my lighting problem?

PWRR-2207

Rogue Islander
Oct 3, 2007
Rhode Island, USA
Lighting

Can you attach hooks in the ceiling above the layout? If you can, you may want to consider a double 48 inch long florescent light with an attached plug... Here is a $29.00 US option from Home Depot:

a316e93b-ffa7-4e02-ab4b-b55a62eb4b86_300.jpg

Kevinkrey

Jul 27, 2006
Saint Paul MN.

I have two $5 48" lights from Menards. Two more on the way. They give off good light. Might not look as nice, but who looks up at the cieling whenm there are trains down below.:mrgreen:​

N

nachoman

For a 4x8 layout, there is no need to make the lighting arrangement too permanent. I assume you got fluorescent fixtures that plug into an outlet. If your layout is in a basement or other unfinished room, it is easy to to hang these lights from a ceiling joist. Then get an extension cord with multiple outlets on the end. You can hang the extension cord an light wires out of the way by using special electrical staples found at your local hardware store.

Kevin