Playmobil Locomotives

Discussion in 'G / O / S Scale Model Trains' started by Matt/Wisc, Mar 21, 2006.

1. Matt/Wisc

Matt/Wisc New Member

Has anyone taken a Playmobil 0-4-0 or 2-4-0 Locomotive and modified it into a different looking locomotive?
  2. fooldancing

fooldancing New Member

I haven't, but what would youlike to turn it into? I have a old Aristocraft Alco FA-1 that I am going to turn into "Diesel 10" from the Thomas the Tank Engine sires for my 3 year old son. I am giving him his own layoput this year, with my old Lionel G gauge starter set. His layout measures about 30ft.x 15ft., and I think that Diesle 10 would look pretty cool terrorizing the little 0-4-0 from my starter set.
    Lets see some of your ideas,
  3. Steamtom1

Steamtom1 Member

I use a couple Playmobil items. First the #7107 Zoo Fence makes a great fence around the power transformer for my Live Electric locomotives...

Then I use the #4391 Bumper Stop for my standard gauge locomotives, like Gerry (GER), Thomas's friend...

4. Matt/Wisc

Matt/Wisc New Member

I've only noticed these locomotives in the last few years. I was just wondering if anyone had taken one of them and maybe added a tender to the 0-4-0 or done things to either one of them to change their overall appearance. Maybe a new paint job?
  5. Matt/Wisc

Matt/Wisc New Member

Customized Locomotive ... !

Hello all,

Here are some pictures that I found of a customized Playmobil locomotive, while visiting a website that I frequent ( I have contacted the owner of the locomotive, and have been given permission to post.

The Playmobil locomotive that was used customized:

Attached Files:

6. Matt/Wisc

Matt/Wisc New Member

Customized Locomotive ... Cont.

The following pictures, taken by Chris Walas, show the steps he took to customize his locomotive.

Attached Files:

7. Matt/Wisc

Matt/Wisc New Member

Customized Locomotive ... Cont.

Here are pictures, taken by Chris Walas, of his completed custom locomotive. It's a work of art! :thumb:

Attached Files:

8. NJ_MTH

NJ_MTH New Member

My original LGB battery starter set came with a few play mobile figures. However my LGB/Playmobil western engine and cars were smashed to peaces before I could do anything fun like Matt did up their ^.

All that I have left of my Playmobil stuff now is some LGB track in blue boxes. Lol.