Plastic Modeler Seeking Fellow Modelers Help!

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by davididit, Mar 3, 2009.

1. davididit

davididit New Member

Greetings! First off let me say from looking around this site, you guys are amazing! Beautiful works! Here’s my problem – a couple of weeks ago I bought a model of a JU-88, and since it was a really old (late 70’s) kit, the instructions only had vague references on how to paint it. So looking around the net (that’s how I found you guys) i found a fellow that was doing a JU-88 and I instantly fell in love with the paint scheme he was using. It was a white or very light grey overall with dark blue or blue/grey splotches across the top, and it was a card model. There was no way I could contact the fellow to find out where he got it, so I was hoping that maybe you guys might know where I could find it. I don’t need the whole thing, I just want enough to be able to use it as a guide for my kit. Any help would be muchly appreciated!
    Keep up the good work!
  2. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Here's a site where you can find some great pre-printed kits of many planes. Type in JU 88 in the search box and I came up with bout 4 kits of diffrent makers and markings each round $15 or less :D

There are many, many great ponts to paper modeling. First off you can get a great kit for very little money. I saw a 1/32 plastic F-14 in a hobby store that i had my eye on. It was decent on detail and the size :D Well I passed on it with a $120 price tag. I got a 1/33 scale F-14 from the site above for less then $18, and get's got better details than the plastic!!!

Do a search on that site and grab a JU 88. Trust me you won't be disapointed. Not only would you get great refrences for your plastic kit you will have another great kit to build :D

You can even scan it and print off a copy to test build with till you're more comfortable with building the printed kit.

Here's a digital download model site. There's a JU-88 in there to.

Digital kits are great as if you mess up a part you can re-print and try again.

Hope to see you round and give a card model a try ;)

3. Richard

Richard Member

4. Texman

Texman Guest

Or, could be the one over at

5. ltla9000311

ltla9000311 Member

davididit-Is this Ju-88 kit you have a night fighter? If it is, here is a standard paint scheme. While this profile is on a Heinkle 219, the site did list the Ju-88 as having the same paint scheme. Here is a link to the site for ya:

Attached Files:

6. davididit

davididit New Member

Thanks for all the replies guys, you've really helped. Itla9000311, I believe you are right, that does appear to be very close to the scheme in the pics I have of the other guys build. Only difference are the colors, as his had a base light grey, like a camo grey instead of light blue, and then the splotches are a dark blue or dark blue/grey instead of grey/violet. But this gives me a good starting place. G1, I’ve taken your advice and downloaded a couple of free models, and I’ll give them a try. Again, thanks for the help guys!
  7. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Hey David,

Seems as how you like Greman birds give this one I designed and Janx colored a try,

Here's the build thread of the final prototype as a guide,

It's tricky so get some practice in before trying it. If you do give it a shot and have any questions feel free to ask. I or many members will be glad to help in any way we can ;)

Be sure to post pics of your models. Hell even that p#%&*$c one :p