Pirate on ebay

Discussion in 'Internet Auction Offerings' started by dansls1, Nov 14, 2007.

1. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Yeah I know but unlike Ebay. Paypal deals with laws and regulation tied down to international law. If your filtering funds from illegal activities through credit cards your violating laws beyond moral means.

I have attempted to fire up a discussion about pirate sales on the ebay forum and I cannot believe the complacency that is rampant in that community. From what I gather it's ok to sell pirate material as long as you are not caught. That ebay has enough interference with sellers, that no more is needed. That members should not be reporting pirated or copyright infringing materials if they are not the IP owners. That it is irrelevant that a an item which is naturally sold only as a printed book being sold on cd as a pirated item.

Halinski, GPM and others really need to get Vero membership.

There was a member selling scanned models complete with a copy of Autocad lite burned to cd is still selling there. I would think that person would be doing jail time when you see the list of sales and yet if you search you will find him still selling models on disc he downloaded for free or got pirated. Just not as descriptive as to what exactly on disc anymore.
  2. Gomidefilho

Gomidefilho Member

Ok! But I made these ranks not why post previous was edited, measured that I consider to health and necessary, but yes why the piracy is mentioned and it it comes of Brazil. Meaculpa is why me shame of this Brazilian situation while and is radically against any piracy. I found convenient and necessary to even explain what it occurs here in Brazil, so that the international community can be defended better against this type of thing. But I do not want to become involved itself in unnecessary controversies, prefer to spend my precious time constructing and changing ideas on papermodels with yours.

:thumb:

Péricles
  3. nebeltex

nebeltex Member

pericles,
    thank you for the information. i understand that individual has been removed from the "free market" site (ironic title, eh?). i was able to decipher your message fairly well. there are many reasons why people choose to steal, and most aren't directly related to a specific culture alone....

Stevo knows... paypal, as a de-facto online bank, does have to play by different rules. i bought some pirated stuff from one of this clowns earlier incarnations on EBay. paid with paypal. then opened a dispute. i got my money back from paypal without having to return the merchandise (turned over to authorities). he gave me my only negative ever...lol! shortly after that they ended his account. i'd do it again but he'd cancel the sale and block me....
  4. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

I'm getting rather impatient with forum members there. Particular a DEXMORE who has pretty much written off all IP from Poland as free to the world to do with what you please.

The complacency in piracy there is UN-BE-LIEV-ABLE...

I wish members here could give 2 cents in edgewise there.
  5. Be more specific so we can all watch for him. How is he operating whose work is he pirating? Maybe we can all mount an offensive if enough membors are willing
  6. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

7. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

While it's great to see the item being taken down. What about the seller? I'm pretty sure he's still operational and no doubt will do it again. Not only that, will also be selling and completing transactions via Paypal.

What would Mastercard say about illegal activities being funded through their services? I think a lot of people would say "Hey get a life, it's just a book and it's a $9.99 transaction". Those people do not see the big picture.

Ebay refuses to see it at all because it's automated eyes are blind to it all.
  8. NULLMOON

NULLMOON Member

ahh ebay more pirates than the carabien
  9. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

DON'T GET ME STARTED!!!! *head explodes*

lol
  10. paperbeam

paperbeam Member

11. nebeltex

nebeltex Member

"This looks like a good way to make $500!"

look again. read carefully. "industry group", means not applicable to paper models, really. you have also paraphrased the offer. it says "up to $500". one might only make $5. it is a step in the right direction, even if it is cloaked in marketing-speak terminology...
  12. Nicolelew

Nicolelew Member

an OLD pirate sighted at

Ebay ( PAPER MODEL VARIOUS MODELS ) 6 listings on.
  13. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

He has been reported numerous times. Ebay won't get rid of him because they are making good money off his illegal activities. Meanwhile you can go on the forum and point out this fact and be met by many people supporting the pirate seller like he has a right and that any company in Poland or former Soviet Union does not have the right to defend their intellectual copyright.

Things would be a lot easier if companies like GPM, Halinski and the like were 'accessable' or had representatives on major card modeling forums but since no one can at least get a response from emailing them then why should we, the third party, even bother to waste our time? The companies do not care that there are people who are helping them in order to keep costs down for everyone.

Perhaps we should all just drop it and buy scanned models/books and save ourselves some bucks since the major companies don't give a damn that they are being ripped off by pirates despite being told so. Perhaps ebay sellers on those forums are right in saying that copyright only exists for those people who live in North America especially Capitolist America.
  14. paperbeam

paperbeam Member

15. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

You might as well post a link to a star trek website because Ebay/Ebay sellers just don't care about real world rules and can always find a way around them if need be.