Piper pawnee

Discussion in 'Dream Kits & Wish Lists' started by buzuc, Mar 7, 2006.

1. buzuc

buzuc New Member

before my hard drive crashed:mad: , I had a piper pawnee model coming from the web but I can't remember from where I get it!

Any idea mates ?
  2. gwssms

gwssms Member

The Pawnee was a free model on Cardmodelers Online Magazine. i don't know if it is still awailabe as I could not open any back issues today.
  4. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Card Models on Your Hard Drive - An Insecure Storing Place

Hi all,

A while ago, I realized that I had close to 5 GB worth of card models stored in the hard drive of my eMac computer, both purchased models and free ones.
    It dawned on me how many endless nights I had spent downloading them and I took the time to copy it all to a DVD disc, for safekeeping in a dry, cool and dark place. I sleep a lot better since then.
    Crashes happen to any hard drive now and then, especially if you have a nearly full one.
    Copy your most precious models to CDs or DVDs - it´s cheap, fast and takes up very little storage space. Your computer will work a lot faster if you empty it and it´s also easier to share them with friends!

Bengt Fredén, Stockholm 8)
  5. 46rob

46rob Member

Good advice--store your important things OFF your harddrive. Even though the things have improved a thousand fold since their introduction, nothing is 100% failure proof.

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy Guys,

I too had the pawnee model on my laptop computer but lost it. However, I did have the link : http://www.cardmodelers.org/archive/aug03/pawnee.pdf BUT.......... the link no longer works.........HOWEVER........I just fired up my "old Faithful" 1995 compaq presario "ETCH A SKETCH" and I do have the model still saved on that hard drive. So, If you will email me at GEEDUBBYA@prodigy.net , I will be more than happy to forward the file to you. I may even be able to get it to you this evening providing that I can keep the "ETCH A SKETCH" running.
    Its been a long time since I fired up that old puter and I am amazed at the "little treasures" that I forgot that I had saved on it.
    Anyway, you know how to reach me, but, If it happens that I cant get it to you this evening, I have to be at work at 5 am tomorrow which means it could be as late as tomorrow evening before you get a reply from me if you dont get one tonight.

Have a good evening,

Greg aka GW

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy Guys,

Just a afterthought here, I have Yahoo mail which allows me 2 GB of storage, I email my models to myself and store them on yahoos server, it allows me to free up valuable space on my puter and even if my puter crashes, the models are still in my email account.
    I created a special folder titled AIRPLANE MODELS which I send all my "self emails" to.
    Disks are a good idea, but for those of us who dont have burners or are working with really obsolete technology (such as myself), email storage is the way to go.
    Hope this helps someone, have a good evening,

Greg aka GW
  8. buzuc

buzuc New Member

Yes, I started to burn my models on DVDs but I had more than 20 Go of files :twisted: just imagine the time it took me to burn these (without taking into account the time I spend for my wife, my daughter, my Aikido courses and finally my Sailplane flights). I just burnt one DVD before the crash and of course the pawnee i not in this DVD!:mad:

GEEDUBBYA : mail sent this morning, Thanks