piper pawnee cropduster (repost?)

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by GEEDUBBYA, Feb 8, 2005.

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy Guys,

Well, its me again. And yes, I come bearing a find that is new to me and possibly to any other modeler who joined this forum after aug of 2003.
    Being in as much as I live in the greay state of Arkansas, where our number one thru three products are cotton, soybeans and rice, I see this plane almost daily, even in the winter months flying low over the fields and making really great acrobatic manuevers. (you gotta hand it to the cropduster pilot, they are a work of art when flying their planes, dodging trees, powerlines, birds such as ducks and geese here around stuttgart, the duck hunting capitol of the world.)
    Anyway, here is what I brought ya today, the piper pawnee crop duster. I have been looking for this model since I started card modeling.

OH by the way, i am also in search of a grumman ag-cat biplane cropduster if anyone knows where one is, PLEASE LET ME KNOW.
    Once again, this may be a repost, but its new to me, and i am sure its new to alot of ppl out there.

When I win, you win, I share the wealth.

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

HEY Guys,

Well today has been a busy day for me, I came in here this am, posted the piper pawnee link, saved the file, printed it, went and got my oil changed and tires rotated on my expedition and still was able to build the model.
    So, I thought I would share a pic of the completed plane with you. This represents about 3 hours of work tops. I found that it was a very nice model and pretty easy to assemble. The only trouble I had was affixing the front of the cockpit to the fuselage, but it eventually worked itself out.

While I am posting pics, I thought I would show my first card model from jan.18th, 2005, fiddlersgreen J-3 PIPER CUB. I included the links on the photos, stop by and visit them.

3. cmdr199212

cmdr199212 Member

i cant seem to find it. plz help
  4. murphyaa

murphyaa Designer

Looks like a dead thread.

If anybody still wants a Piper Pawnee though, there's one available at Fiddlersgreen.
  5. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Feb 2005 - not surprised ;) good job finding the alternative though!
  6. TexasTubaMan

TexasTubaMan Member

If you use the specified URLs they are accessible through the WayBack Machine at www.archive.org
  7. murphyaa

murphyaa Designer

I cheated, I designed the alternative.
  8. Leif Oh

Leif Oh Member

I hope it's alright with you to publish the links that was sought for. It seems a very nice model (as is the Fiddler's Green version!):

Archive page:

Archive download (pdf):

That http://web.archive.org link was kind of wonderful - thank you!

And, shucks, while I'm at it, why not republish the model here. It is certainly nice enough. Have a look at the sample page first.

9. murphyaa

murphyaa Designer

Doesn't matter to me. The FG one's mine.