Pink train?

capt_turk

I have a friend that has a pink two rail (Ho) train set from around 1943. I'm wondering if anyone knows about what the set would be worth?

ezdays

Out AZ way
The only pink train that I know of was built by Lionel in the early 50's to attract the female gender to the hobby. It appearently didn't go over so good, since they also wanted realism, and so they took them back and repainted them.

As you well know, value depends highly on condition and rarity. I can't help beyond that...

Livesteam

Im with EZday, the only one i know made by a company would be the lionel,but i thought K-line made one too, those are O scale for HO i dont know any , maybe it was painted?

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
I know Lionel made a pink train for girls. They only made it for a couple of years, then took it off the market cause it wasn't doing all that well in sales.
I also heard that one Lionel Pink train set was sold for about $3000.00 USD, still in the box.

Livesteam

Didnt lionel come out with a boys engine too that was blue? i thought they even came out with a new pink engine , its the same kind as the first one they made but brought it back for a special edition in the year 2000 or so.I have seen the first pink engine from lionel once in person and did not know the value of it untill the guy said the price,I guess for some people its a good thing they didnt sell now since there worth alot.

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
I have seen a pink train for girls several times. Lionel apparently has come out with in at various times. K-Line had one out about four years ago. My daughter spotted it at the east Coast Hobby Show and wanted it until see saw the price and figured out how many stuffed unicorns she could get with the money.

As far as finding out its value didn’t Greenberg publish some price guides on old trains and train sets?

capt_turk

I showed the lady an Ho loco and she said hers was bigger. So.. I suspect that it is O. She did confirm that it was Lionel. Again, does anyone have a ball park figure on what it is worth? She says she has the whole set. Several pastel cars, and a caboose.

Pooh Bah
It is a rarity because nobody bought it. If it is in good condition, it should get a high price. I suspect that a lot of them were painted black and sold that way.
Better try e-Bay -- look for Lionel Girl's Train. As far as I know, there are NO variations.
(The pastel blue "boy's train" never made it out of the factory.)