Pink or blue foam in Sacramento

RussNiles

Anyone out there in Sacramento Ca? If so, any ideas as to where Pink or Blue foam can be bought in sheets?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Russell Niles
Sacramento Ca

ezdays

Out AZ way
Russ,

I'm not in your area, but as I understand, there is no pink or blue foam in California. Time and time again we have heard from Californians that can't find the stuff. Don't know why, it might be banned by building codes there, or by someone that doesn't think it's environmentally acceptable.:confused: It's available elsewhere at most Home Depots so you might check and see if they can special order it. It's referred to as "extruded foam" and comes in 2' x 8' sheets and is one or two inches thick.

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
We were going to bring GCLaser to the National train show in Anneheim next year. The State of California wants us to send one of every kit we manufacture, and pay somewhere around $8000.00 in "test fees" to determine if our product can be allowed to enter the State......Pink and Blue foam must have failed the tests, and the State of Confusio......uhh California, will just have to survive without us. wall1 wall1 wall1

N

nachoman

Back in the good old days, people used plywood and plaster to build their layouts. The idea of using foam for scenery and layout bases has exploded in the last ten years. You can still make a layout with plywood and plaster if foam is not available. The white bead foam will also work for scenery, but isn't strong enough to use as a layout base under the track. The only drawback to the white foam is it is considerably messier to work with.

As to where to find pink or blue foam in california - beats me. I have heard there are dealers but you may have to drive for awhile. Pink or blue foam is not very common in southern arizona, either. I can find blue foam in home depot in 1" sheets only, and even then is it often out of stock.

Kevin

Jim Krause

I found Dow two inch foam here in Montana in 4 X 8 sheets which can be broken on 16 inch pre scored lines or cut to your individual desires. Haven't heard of anyone having much success finding it in CA.

ezdays

Out AZ way
...Pink or blue foam is not very common in southern arizona, either. I can find blue foam in home depot in 1" sheets only, and even then is it often out of stock.

Kevin
Yeah, I've found it both at Home Depot and Lowe's, and you're right, they might have a half-dozen sheets of 1" if anything. I have called and found some other building supply places like ATKO stock it. They have a couple of stores around the Phoenix area.

Big Al

I am a few years late to this post but you can purchase blue foam from the insulation company on Gerber Road right next to the RR trax. We make foam core wings and but it there all the time.