pinion gears?

Discussion in 'RC Drifting and Setup' started by Eiysedrift, Mar 14, 2005.

1. Eiysedrift

Eiysedrift New Member

are the tamiya tt-01 and the tc3 pinion gears interghangle both being 48pitch?

im have in troublr setting my mesh in my tc3 with tamiya pinion gears and i dont have any good tc3 pinion gear to use right now

2. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Member

Dont see why not. As long as they are both 48p, mesh well, and fit, then ya. But i would just say run down to your LHS and pick up a robinsin pinion. I paid like $3 for my 27T.

Note: Spur MAY see a LITTLE more wear while useing this. After changing to a better pinion i would change the spur too as Tamiya pinions tend to run a little big / smaller then normal.
  3. Eiysedrift

Eiysedrift New Member

ok went to lhs and found out they were not the same. yes they are both 48p but tamiya uses a metric pinion and tc3 uses standard 48p pinions
  4. rcdrifter

rcdrifter Member

Really, I would have thought they where the same...
  5. TRF Drive Hard

TRF Drive Hard New Member

Tamiya uses metric pinions... which is far different from that of others... the meshing of the two are totally different... RRP does make metric pinions for tamiya cars, but with some tamiya cars that use "set" ratios can severely limit the use of other size pinions... most notably is the TL01 and TT01...