Pinching The Fuel Line

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by A J G 3 6 6, Mar 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A J G 3 6 6

A J G 3 6 6 Member

How do you pinch the fuel line when you have the body on? I usually have to take the body off when it gets low and cruise around then i shut it down.
  2. A J G 3 6 6

A J G 3 6 6 Member

Also,When i use the Easy Start,I have to hold it for a couple second to get enough RPM's. Should it just start or is this normal? I only have about 4 tanks in it so far. (not including the 5 for break-in)
  3. mastmec

mastmec Member

Use the toe of your shoe to shut the engine down by rubbing it against the flywheel. And your probably ok with your starting.
  4. A J G 3 6 6

A J G 3 6 6 Member

5. Jshaff15

Jshaff15 Member

Or use a shop rag. not a kitchen good towel but an old rag and stop the flywheel at an idle its alright--it will shut down.--j
  6. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

when you use a shop rag do you mean use it on the fly wheel? couldnt it just wrap around the flywheel and it caught in stuff? I was at my local HS the other day and I saw that they had a *caddy* and it had a cool thing on it to stop the engine, and they say it is probly the best way. They have alittle plastic piece that you put in the exhausdt port and it stops the engine, it stops the pressure I belive. I dont know what you could use to do that if you dont have 1 of those cadys but give it a try I havent had a chance to get any of my nitros to try it yet
  7. mastmec

mastmec Member

The only problem with plugging the exhaust is that it can flood the engine while stopping it, it creates more pressure in the tank and pushes the fuel into the engine. It can make it a pain to restart sometimes.
  8. monsterrcbuilder04

monsterrcbuilder04 Active Member

i usually plug the exaust and havn't hade any probvlems yet but my friend has so it probabably isnt the best way. i think using your shoe to stop the fly wheel is your best bet
  9. You could also pull off your air filter and put your finger over the carb.....
  10. mastmec

mastmec Member

Just be careful, if you pull off a dirty filter while its running, it can suck dirt right in to the engine. Thats a lot worse than flooding it.
  11. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

well tell me this why would that company sell the caddy and have that toel to shut off the car if it could flood the engine???? I dont know the name of the company off hand tho
  12. mastmec

mastmec Member

Its from Dubro Racing, its the safest way to shut down an engine for a consumer from a munufacturers view point, it's something to make money on, that is safe for them to put their name on. Think about it, you can easly use your finger, they make it sound cool and safe, and their making money. Kind of like the thing you buy, hang on the wall and crush aluminum cans. Why not just step on it? It's the American way.
  13. mastmec

mastmec Member

I will say, any of these options work, they all do the job, each has a few drawbacks. Even shuting it down by the flywheel, some people use something to run against it, like a stick or something, which has drawbacks as well, like getting jammed or screwing up the flywheel. I use the toe of my shoe on my buggie, and sometimes my finger on my little smallblocks (big block will rip the skin off) my only drawback is funny little marks on my shoes, but I can live with it. I've never had a restarting problem, from that. Just info.
  14. monsterrcbuilder04

ya the best way seems to be by puting something in to stop the flywheel
  15. monsterrcbuilder04

i heard that pinching the line can cause the engine to run too rich or to lean
  16. mastmec

mastmec Member

Pinching the fuel line does not hurt anything, its the best way to check the low end mixture setting. It is a pain to try to get to just to shut down the engine with the body on.
  17. monsterrcbuilder04

ya that is a problem but would it be ok to run the fuel line a little long so you can reach it or maybe cut a hole in the body
  18. mastmec

mastmec Member

Yea, you can run it so you can reach it easily.
  19. monsterrcbuilder04

thats what im going to do.
  20. Jshaff15

Jshaff15 Member

isnt the =safest to just run it out of fuel completely??
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.