pike progress

belg

Apr 28, 2001
New Jersey USA
Visit site
The following two posts are a section of my layout that has just being completed.(Well almost) Lighting has been installed structures set, and scenery has been started.The retaining walls were scratchbuilt and I'm sure some will recognize the house under construction.I'm planning on install a wooden fence along the edge of the "cliff" as soon as I can decide what kind.Hope everyone takes a look and gives their opinion (like you'd have to ask for that).This section is a real b*tch to get to so have to put everything in front after this section is finished.

Attachments

• pict0039.jpg
    pict0039.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 202

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
That's really a nice little scene, belg.

Those retaining walls look very good, and I also like the coloring of the rock wall behind the houses. You're right, a fence will be the frosting on the cake for that scene. And - most important - no LPBs will stumble over the edge and land on the tracks in front of an approaching train... :eek:

One question: Is the weeping willow a commercial model, or did you build it by yourself. And if yes, how did you do it?

Ron

belg

Apr 28, 2001
New Jersey USA
Visit site
willow

Somehow I knew that this tree was going to draw focus.I'm proud to say it's handmade.I took #12 gauge thhn wire and took the last 1 1/2 " and unspun it then folded it over my pinkie and then added thre layers of woodland scenic multi colored green and some small texture material over that.A little spackle on the trunk and paint and plant.

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
Great mini scene belg. As others have said, nice rock work. I make fences out of GUESS WHAT. Two long strips of cerealboard anywhere from 1/32 to 1/16 thick, then glue fence boards vertically. Usually 1/16. Now for a rail fence, some upright 1/16 pieces with 1/32 lengths glued as rails.

TrainClown

Apr 17, 2003
Saskatchewan, Canada
Visit site
A difficult spot, beautifully done!

I love the way you make the roads look, like you could drive down them. I find when I'm looking at layouts on the web, a lot of guys don't seem to leave enough room for vehicles to move realistically. And the placement of the houses fits well. That willow is a real gem. I would like to see more of them there (they spread you know). Why not a rock wall? You are so good at the other rock walls. Maybe the contractors were retained to put up a little fence-like wall too. :D

Just thinkin'

My wife said she would like to see a white picket fence along there.

belg

Apr 28, 2001
New Jersey USA
Visit site
Yes that is Kato track and I love working with it for all the loop tracks but will be changing the yard area to something else because it just eats up too much space. I think if atlas track was used their could be 2 more siding.

Thank you guys for all the kind words.

I would also like to see what kind of fence does everyone think should go at the end of my "cliff".

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Great Job!

That's one fine looking layout, belg!
The scenery & structures are very well done!
Love to see some more pics!
:cool: :cool: :cool: