Piece of Canadian History 4 Sale

Discussion in 'The Real Thing- North America' started by Wolfy, Nov 10, 2006.

1. Wolfy

Wolfy New Member

I though the Hanna roundhouse was already gone.
    Any idea how many stalls are there?? when was it last in service??
    **Prototype Roundhouse for Sale**Viewed in the Calgary Real Estate newspaper. A sales listing for a Canadian National Railway roundhouse in Hanna Alberta. Only $175,000 with 8.97 acres. Turntable is also there.Go to www.maxwellrealty.ca/jamesnovick Select the 2nd page of listings for pics and info.
  2. viperman

viperman Active Member

wow, quite a deal there! oops, sorry for the double post!
  3. KCS

KCS Member

Well, I'd either buy it and turn it into a full sized layout room and build a house on the land somewhere or buy it turn it into a house with a huge train room, using the turntable as the drive way entrance.:D For those unwelcomed guest's simply turn the table a ful 90 degrees and then they can't even get there! :rolleyes: sign1
  4. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

No problem viperman. I've deleted the dupe post.

BTW, when I went to the real estate agent's website, none of the links were working. :(

I have always had the fantasy (gotta win the lottery type fantasy that is) of buying the Stratford Ont. "Big Shop" for a massive public model railroad. A roundhouse would be equally perfect for such a set up. I'll keep you all posted if I win 649! :sign1:

5. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

We're thinking about a one-story retirement home; this almost looks affordable.
    Hanna is northeast of Calgary -- probably an hour and a half drive.
  6. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Go for it Dave!!!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: