pictures! i don't even reconize my layout anymore! and is that a lionel i spy??

Marxed

Jan 29, 2005
i've done plenty and plenty and got more since i last posted pictures, added a platform between my lionel and marx platforms to make one super platform and added afew tracks and handmade a tressel strong enough to take on a long heavy lionel train :D i havn't got any overall pictures of everything, mostly because i can't fit it in the camera at once... and i forgot take pictures of the ends, just the middle :D

Marxed

Jan 29, 2005
Clark A. said:
Those O scales sure are big! Lookin good! I like the blue Santa Fe steam loco a lot! Also the city hall/courthouse in the last pic.

that town hall in the last picture is a vintage plasticville peice from my marx half, if you look in the 3rd picture you'll see a second town hall from the lionel half, it's the same basic thing but new plasticville and different colors

Marxed

Jan 29, 2005
100 views and one replies??? come on people! do i gotta wait till 200 views for another one? :eek:

Marxed

Jan 29, 2005
interurban said:
Looks very busy now CavlrZ

Did you see the Toronto show pics I posted and the O gauge L/O in a trailer. That was a neat display with animation.

yep, i loved the pictures, i was actually the first one who replied to that thread :D

i got to make me one of those trailers!

interurban

Aug 21, 2002
Pickering. Ontario. Canada.
Visit site
Yes you were , I just checked.
Do not get to worried about guys answering, you have done your thing and encougaged others with those great pictures.
We never now who we get intrested in what we do. Pity but that`s the way it is.

Keep up the good work :thumb:

Marxed

Jan 29, 2005
interurban said:
Yes you were , I just checked.
Do not get to worried about guys answering, you have done your thing and encougaged others with those great pictures.
We never now who we get intrested in what we do. Pity but that`s the way it is.

Keep up the good work :thumb:

hehe, yeah, i'm on afew other forums and this is the only forum that i'm on with this vast post/view ratio, soo it's kinda funky! plus 70 year old toy trains on a flat sheet of plywood isn't quite as detailed or well modeled as half the sets that people post here anyway.. soo i dont quite blame em for not being that interested... most 0-gauge people here are lionelers and who like the prototypical realistic look as well ... and theres only a couple guys here with the marx trains... i'm just stuck in love with these beauties with no intention of changing

Marxed

Jan 29, 2005
spankybird said:
CarlZ

A very nice tridational 1950's layout in O Guage. :thumb: I still have many of the same plasticville buildings that you have. :D

I also like the little bule Santa Fe steamer. do you have any more pics of it. :confused:

tom

sure! i'm not sure about the history of this car or year built... i just know it's a DC powered Lionel train... heres afew more pictures, if anyone has any knowledge or any interesting history behind it or any of the stuff in my pictures, please share!

I'm always impressed at how good a well-built "toy train" set looks. The aesthetic is so different from what us N-scalers are accustom to. It reminds of the train sets that I used to see as a kid at the Bon Marche store in Seattle at Christmas. Very nostalgic.

Marxed

Jan 29, 2005
it says 8512, as seen on the last picture in the first post

btw, my names not Carl ;)

Marxed

Jan 29, 2005
spankybird said:
Hi Carl,

I did a little looking last night and only found that engine was made 1986 or so. Don't remember the dates now. It only has a value of $40 to $80. I like it :thumb: To bad it is DC only.:rolleyes:

thats a little older than i expected :D thanks for finding that! :thumb: ... and between 40-80 is what i paid for it

even though DC is standardly associated with two rail, this DC runs on standard lionel track with the center rail powering it... soo it's just a matter of swapping a transformer from a HO set onto the regular lionel track to run it! you can even use the regular lionel lock-down!

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
Quite a fine collection of O gauge Tin Plates you have there.
With everyone else finely detailing thier Ho and N scale(me included), its nice to see some old Lionel still running. Brings back some memories.

Marxed

Jan 29, 2005
eightyeightfan1 said:
Quite a fine collection of O gauge Tin Plates you have there.
With everyone else finely detailing thier Ho and N scale(me included), its nice to see some old Lionel still running. Brings back some memories.

and lionel?? not this!!! this is all Marx except for afew of the new plastics :D