Picture Problem

D.R.Rosser

Apr 13, 2007
I would like to post some pictures here, but whenever I get to the step of attaching the picture it gets rejected by the web site because it is too big. It is a JPEG format picture from my iPhoto library. I am probably making some dumb mistake or missing a simple step, but I really don't have a clue as to where the problem is. All suggestions greatly appreciated. Dave

Art Decko

Oct 26, 2006
Shanghai, P.R.C.
Check the dimensions and size of your JPGs. The maximum dimensions accepted are 800 x 600 pixels, maximum size is 195K. The limits for the various file formats are listed in the "Manage attachments" window.

Hope this helps! :)

mr_ragan

Oct 29, 2008
Try uploading your pics to a free media storage site like Photobucket.com. Then all you do is copy and paste the "IMG code" into your thread. Right click my pic then click on Properties and you'll see the link it uses.

FiddlersGreenFokkerDVIII4.jpg

ed acosta

Aug 4, 2005
Washington-British Columbia
There is a software program supplied with each digital camera that, among many other things, allows you to re-size your photos. I can't tell you where to find and how to use this feature since every software program is different. You may have to hunt for the resizing feature, but its there. You won't lose your original photo. The software just creates a new re-sized photo that can now be saved to a different location. I store mine in a file folder I call "Email Photos" because all photos that I either upload or email to my friends are re-sized and stored in that folder. (Don't you just hate it when somebody sends an unedited 10 megapixel photo via email?)