Picture of the week???

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by thewoodengraver, Jun 25, 2006.

1. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

I'm sorry, in advance, if I offend someone but...
    what the heck is that I am looking at on the front page under "picture of the week"?. I really don't think that is a good representation of what we accomplish here at cardmodels.net!
    I, for one, feel burned! I have posted pic after pic of my finished models, a couple of which would look GREAT on the front page.

I am NOT asking you to put "my" pics up ash,( I don't really feel I've built one worthy yet) but please enlighten me. This is the first thing the WHOLE WORLD sees when they come here. At least, pick up the wastepaper!
  2. Texman

Texman Guest

I think it is a cardmodel of a cardmodellers work area. Pretty ingenious
    to me.

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy Phil, Tex,

I think its a model of a laptop puter and an "in progress" model of an E2 "tracker" AWACS.
    Also I think on the floor is what NOBI calls "prototypes" lol.

Have a good day,

Greg aka GW:)
  4. thewoodengraver

I did'nt even see it! Whoever built this should be proud!!! Yep, you got me!
    I'm gonna go away now and feel stupid for a minute.
  5. TheWebdude

TheWebdude Just a Member

6. thewoodengraver

Ya see why I'm not in charge???
    Thanx for enlightenment Webdude!
    You were right Texman!
    GREAT job Yuki !!!
    Sorry I doubted you Ashrunner !!! ("All hail Poobah!").
  7. thewoodengraver

Would it be possible, nice administration people, to put a title on the picture of the week to reflect what thread the picture is from? To help prevent silly people, like me, from putting their foot in their mouth? Or is that part of your fun?
    Okay by me either way!...nice job you're doing by the way !...LOVE this website!!!

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

This is mainly to Ash,

If you would like to place titles builders name etc. on the photos and dont have the proper program to do it, I have 5 photo editing programs ( I had an internet business reworking ppls photos), I would be more than willing to help you out.
    I can add text, repair or remove elements, resize bothe the photo and the file size, touch up color, brightness, contrast etc and do borders etc.
    I had the business for 5 yrs until I took the management job at work and had to close it down due to time constraints.
    And this applies to anyone, if you need a photo, old or new, fixed, repaired ( I can take a torn photo and repair it into a whole photo again) let me know and I will be happy to do it at no cost to forum members.
    This is a great chance to get the old photo of grandma' fixed.

Have a good day, :)

Greg aka GW
  9. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

Those are good ideas I can add to the bottom of the photos when I upload it to the POTW slot.

I am still getting used to this stuff (a little different than moderating forums) and just a little while ago, screwed up. Was looking at a folder I have called Saved Web Pages and saw one regarding Willja's Airwolf. For some reason it was as it was when I saved it, so I figured I forgot to upload his photo. So, I clicked submit and then realized I had uploaded it already, and remembered I had saved the page when a friend photog friend dropped by to go shooting. When I returned that evening, I forgot I saved the page, redid it and uploaded. Now I can't figure out how to delete an image from the gallery...hehe. It's one of those age/gas fumes/wacks on the side of the head things. 8v)

Anyway, I will try to add a brief cutline at the bottom of each photo.

P.S. If anyone knows how to delete photos from the gallery, please let me know
  10. i really like it! :grin:
  11. btw i just noticed......why am i an 'extreme veteran'? I've built like two card models in my life.

edit: they both turned out pretty good though.. :)
  12. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Haha ... Love the pic of the week.

At first I was like... who the heck would want to show their workbench in disarray and then I remembered the shop model.

13. rickstef

rickstef Guest

simple reason, you posted over 70 posts to the site.

as time goes on, and the more you post, the level of your veteran-ess will increase.

14. silverw

silverw Member

Lots of people Steve... I think that there was even a thread, where everone (well, not the tidy folks) posted a picture of their work place!! Personally, I don't waste ANY of my modeling time by cleaning up!!! .. My wife has mentioned that a few times!!! :)

DON"T FEEL BAD... about your original post!!! I think that is one of the best compliments you could give to a builder!!! You mistook his model for the REAL THING!!!! You can't get much better than that!!!