Picture of the Week

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by Ashrunner, Jun 11, 2006.

1. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

I wanted to pass on to the membership here, that I have taken over Picture of the Week responsibility. Also, we have created a section in the Gallery which I will placing past Picture of Week photos with the dates the photo was the POTW. Please do not post your own photos to that section 8v)

Most of you know I am an aircraft fanatic. I will do my best to share the wealth of photos between all model forms. However, if you do think I am placning too much emphasis on aircraft, send me a not-to-nasty PM 8v)

Along those lines, if anyone sees a photo (I miss a lot since I don't often visits the gallery) they believe should be considered for Picture of the Week honors, send me a not-nasty-at-all PM and I will add it to mix.

In any case, look for a more frequently changing POTW and keep posting your photos.

2. Willja67

Willja67 Member

Man, why did you have to take over when it was my pic being shown to all the world? My only goal in life was to get one of my models featured in the pic of the week! I demand equal treatment! It should have stayed up for at least a month!

Just kidding. :twisted:

Good luck and thanks for taking this on.
  3. TheWebdude

TheWebdude Just a Member

Looks like you're doing a great job so far Ash! (For some reason I'm drawn to that photo.......:twisted:)
  4. Alcides

Alcides Member

A suggestion

May be I'm missing something but I think is better if the picture of the week has more data.

For example if I do a click in the picture I want to be directed to the gallery in question to see more pictures about the subject.

In the Hall of Fame Gallery I think we need a comment about the picture. Because the picture looks like a Ashrunner picture when Its a Webdude picture.

Just, my 2 cents.

Comments about my English are welcome. I'm learning ;)
  5. Peter T Davis

Peter T Davis Guy Behind the Curtains

Good suggestions Luis, I'll link the pic from the front page into the hall of fame gallery. Comments from the person who took the photo would be great too, the comments are open for anyone to post.
  6. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

You have a good point here and I will do what I can to add information regarding who the POTW photo belongs to. As for the other suggestions, I believe Pete Davis is taking care of that.

We did want a place to put all the Picture of the Week photos for people to go back and see, and including builder and gallery information with it should have been something included in the beginning. Thanks for pointing out the mistake 8v)

7. Alcides

Alcides Member

You are welcome

and This are not mistakes, this are "Opportunities of improvement" , as my boss says ;)

Seriously, I think if all try to colaborate with the site this only can be better, and better.

When I saw the feature "picture of the week" inmediatly I've tried to get more information about the picture.

I wanted to know who maid the model? what model is ? Any more picture for the model? In these questions I'm base my suggestions.

and I want all to be ready when I have "MY PICTURE OF THE WEEK" :D

Luis Alcides
  8. Willja67

Willja67 Member

By the way Ash could I get my Airwolf pic posted in the Hall of Fame Gallery?
  9. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

Send the image to me at ashrunner at gmail dot com and I'll post it.

Currently I am still trying to work out some details of the POTW Hall of Fame, so it will be posted by me, with the date of the week prior to the current one being as its title.