pic's of my unfinished oil refinary modular.

RobertInOntario

Mar 22, 2006
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
i been trying to get it off the ties, but its not easy. and i still got to pick off the old ballast that got mixed in with the grass when i was taking it all off the layout. but i think it looks alot better as far as the ballast go.

For removing ballast, I was told to spray it down with Windex, and that really works.

For example, I was really heavy-handed when I first ballasted my layout, so I've had to remove lots of ballast. I've also had to reposition a lot of track. So I totally soak it with Windex and, after a few minutes, the track comes up easily and I can clean and re-lay the track, no problem. Since the glue is still in the ballast, it often hardens or "re-glues" itself as it dries. But to be 'safe,' I often re-cement it with another dose of 50-50 white glue and water.

Rob

ozzy

Jun 24, 2006
milton iowa
well i have not been working on it much the last month or so. but today i started the wiring . i hate this part but it has to be done. got all the lights hooked up, now working on track power and switch's. everything has come in for this modular but my oil pumps. they are back ordered STILL. wont make a new run of them till January. i will start the next modular and come back to this one when the come in. im planning on getting the wood for the next one in a week or two.