pics of my unfinished N scale layout

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by sfrr, Nov 18, 2006.

1. sfrr

sfrr Member

hey guys, heres some pics of my unfinished N scale layout. hope you all like:)

this was about 15 mins from this post, i got finished ballasting the track and i think it looks great =)
  2. Jim Krause

Jim Krause Active Member

Looks like a good start. My suggestions would be, Tone down the shiny plastic on structures and rolling stock by weathering, replace that plastic tree with a built up one.
    Also, are you going to make the ties visible ?
  3. sfrr

sfrr Member

they dont look visible in the pics but they are in real life, thanks for the suggestions. but i dont know how to weather sign1 .

4. ejen34

ejen34 Member

If you are kiddin' that's funnay, if not we have a whole section devoted to weathering thats top notch :thumb:
  5. sfrr

sfrr Member

nope, i'm 14 and thats my N scale layout, ive never weathered before either, ive heard of chalk meathod and that sounds the easiest.
  6. sfrr

sfrr Member

hmmm, well heres some updated pics....=P

and heres some of my HO stuff....its my pride and joy...

7. farish

farish New Member

very nice and it shows you re working on it....keep it
  8. leon1

leon1 New Member

I have noticed that you did not balast the switch tracks with good reason. Have you thought to put black emery clothe under them?
  9. sfrr

sfrr Member

no i didnt, But I'm relaying the track today, and I have vacumed all of the ballast up. and relaying the track neatly so it doesnt look like some guy with tourrets did it.