Pics of my layout progress....Dialup BEWARE!!

Discussion in 'Logging, Mining and Industrial Railroads' started by GearDrivenSteam, Jan 6, 2006.

1. GearDrivenSteam

GearDrivenSteam New Member

Thought yall might like to see some of my progress. This is my Merritt Valley Logging Company. It's a freelanced logging line set in the 1920s. My steepest grade is the 8.4% coming out of the inner loop. Track plan by Roger Bruce. Thanks, Roger.

2. Lighthorseman

Lighthorseman Active Member

Some very impressive progress there, GDS. Great work. Hey, and just l:eek::eek:k at that BACKDROP!! It's a thing of beauty. :thumb:
  3. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

GDS that looks great. I like the track plan.:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  4. GearDrivenSteam

Thanks, fellers. I'm pluggin right along with it. I'll have some more pics in a few days, if yer interested.
  5. knudsen

knudsen New Member

That's gunna be a hell of a layout, Rob :D Glad you got a shay for that grade. :D
  6. GearDrivenSteam

You know, my bashed HO Athearn F7 Climax makes it up that grade better than anything I have, even the Shay. The Shay can't do anything right now. It's on it's way back to Bachmann for some repairs......said they might replace it.?!?!?!?!?!
  7. Wyomingite

Wyomingite Member

Real nice track plan and its coming together beautiful. Looking forward to more photos.

Ron :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :wave:
  8. silver

silver Member

Very nice layout.
    I especially like the wye before the mill. If you put a mill pond/lake pop out in the middle access section you could have close to the look I am thinking of.
  9. CharlesH.

CharlesH. Member

This oughta be great when finished. And that grade in the third photo looks murderous!!
  10. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

8.4%.....steep, but then, logging rails ran wherever needed, and degree of curve, and grade were what they were. Lookin' good! :thumb:
  11. stagingyards

stagingyards Member

hmmmmmmmmm looks like my layout I have and I was also able to run a passenger train on side line to give more realizim the the era I like what you have but the incline might be a bit much for locos but looks great keep up the work
  12. NCMRailroad

NCMRailroad Member

where are the photos? pls repost!
  13. smullen

smullen New Member

Yea, U newbs are missing out...
  14. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

I fork over $40+ fer a cable modem an' I don' see no pitchers, man...:cry:
  15. LoudMusic

LoudMusic Member

It appears the website he hosted from has moved. I tried the new address with a few different paths and got no where, so I searched the gallery of the new site and didn't find him. Though their member gallery is quite impressive!
  16. TruckLover

TruckLover Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer

No pictures fo me as well, quick somebody help!!:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
  17. Floyd

Floyd Member

I can't see any pictures either. All I see is a square with an "X" in it?????
  18. inqzitr

inqzitr Member

Nada for me. Sry, Love to see it.
  19. rogerw

rogerw Active Member

Man that is one pretty layout , keep up the good work:thumb::thumb: